Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wheels and offsets
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JFG
I have a set of riviera alloys which i am thinking of fitting. I've seen some cars fitted with them in pictures only.

As i hadn't touched them since i bought them over a year ago i thought i'd give them a clean and good check over.

When i measured the offset i calculate it as being et20! Standard fitment on a 914 is et40.

So my question is how do they fit? If i put a spacer on i'm just going to push the tyres into the fenders. Have i bought the wrong size set?
mepstein
They don’t typically work well with wider tires. More of a VW wheel than 914.
Dave_Darling
You can likely run 165-width tires on them. Wider is pretty certain to rub, unless you've got flared fenders.

--DD
JFG
I've found a set of fuch replicas. They are 5 1/2j et35. to enable a tyre choice what is the fitment gping to be like? Stovk fenders.
JOEPROPER
I have Riviera wheels on my "75 and I fitted 195/65R15s after rolling quarters on mine. I know a lot of people don't like the Rivieras, but I think they look good.

For some reason I can't add a photo... confused24.gif
JFG
I like the look of rivieras that's why i bought them. If i can find a matching 4th over here i'll stick with them.
Dave_Darling
The Rivs were made in several different offsets. The ones intended for Bugs will not fit wider tires under 914 fenders. The ones intended for 914s will.

--DD
larryM

cheer.gif use this calculator - http://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.