Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is the part on the manifold with two wires?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
second wind
Hey Guys....anyone awake....if you look down onto the throttle body from driver's side, there is a device that has a two wire electrical plug that goes into the plenum or manifold if you wish that is under the throttle body. Mine has the wires ripped off and car has not run for two weeks.....what do you suppose this is? It is about 7: o'clock on the dial if the throttle body is the clock.....below the throttle body though but attaches into the manifold......do tell? Thank you!
gg
BeatNavy
QUOTE(second wind @ Oct 27 2017, 12:59 AM) *

Hey Guys....anyone awake....if you look down onto the throttle body from driver's side, there is a device that has a two wire electrical plug that goes into the plenum or manifold if you wish that is under the throttle body. Mine has the wires ripped off and car has not run for two weeks.....what do you suppose this is? It is about 7: o'clock on the dial if the throttle body is the clock.....below the throttle body though but attaches into the manifold......do tell? Thank you!
gg

T1 (ambient air temp) sensor? I'm guessing based on description and without pic. If it's disconnected, your car will run a little richer (when it's running). In and of itself a bad or disconnected T1 shouldn't keep the car from running decent...

Picture would be helpful. Also assume you actually ARE running D-Jet...
TheCabinetmaker
Yes. A picture would help
GregAmy
Aux Air Regulator?

Cold Start Valve?

Neither one would keep the car from running.
TheCabinetmaker
If I saw a plug with no wires, and two wires that have "been ripped out", I'd just stick them back in. Not rocket surgery!
Olympic 914
Probably this...

Intake temp sensor.

Click to view attachment
second wind
QUOTE(Olympic 914 @ Oct 27 2017, 07:21 AM) *

Probably this...

Intake temp sensor.

Click to view attachment

Thank you, but that is not it. I will try picture now that it is daytime. Relative to your picture....opposite side and UNDER the edge of the manifold.....kind of a big sucker with an entry into the manifold that is like a pipe. I'd best get picture.
gg
second wind
QUOTE(second wind @ Oct 27 2017, 09:00 AM) *

QUOTE(Olympic 914 @ Oct 27 2017, 07:21 AM) *

Probably this...

Intake temp sensor.

Click to view attachment

Thank you, but that is not it. I will try picture now that it is daytime. Relative to your picture....opposite side and UNDER the edge of the manifold.....kind of a big sucker with an entry into the manifold that is like a pipe. I'd best get picture.
gg

This is it....

brownaar
Cold start valve/injector.
GregAmy
QUOTE(brownaar @ Oct 27 2017, 01:00 PM) *

Cold start valve/injector.

Yeah. Same thing that's in the bottom right of the photo above it.

Not needed to run the car. Helps the start, but only in cold weather (<40F or so?)
r_towle
I unplugged mine, and rerouted the fuel lines to bypass it because at the time a new cold start injector was not available. Mine leaked enough to make my car run really rich all the time. I found little to no impact on cold starting in New England, and at that time I did drive it year round.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.