Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Performance to be gained?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bob Wolcott
I have a 2.7L motor that is built to RS specs. It has the Bosch twin row mechanical injection as well and I was told that the unit is good for 230 Hp @ 8500 rpm (case has been trued and machined etc...). How much performance could be gained by going with electronic fuel injection and a tuned intake (slide valves etc...)? I have access to an engine dyno for setting the fuel maps and the ECU would be a Motec or the like. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob
TimT
Thats a toughy!

That engine sounds like its already pretty highly tuned. You may gain some hp with EFI, and would probably gain some driveability and fuel economy vs the MFI. But the cost of buying and setting yup the EFI may not make it worth it. The MoTec M4-8 sells for around $2500, the harness is seperate and a few hundred more bucks, figure about $500 for injectors, and another $500 for bits and pieces, plus dyno time $1000

Slide valves aint cheap either maybe $2500

it adds up quickly nd may only net you a gain of 20hp or so (if that)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.