Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Performance to be gained?
Bob Wolcott
post May 25 2005, 03:38 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,096

I have a 2.7L motor that is built to RS specs. It has the Bosch twin row mechanical injection as well and I was told that the unit is good for 230 Hp @ 8500 rpm (case has been trued and machined etc...). How much performance could be gained by going with electronic fuel injection and a tuned intake (slide valves etc...)? I have access to an engine dyno for setting the fuel maps and the ECU would be a Motec or the like. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TimT
post May 25 2005, 03:46 PM
Post #2

retired

Group: Members
Member No.: 313

Thats a toughy!

That engine sounds like its already pretty highly tuned. You may gain some hp with EFI, and would probably gain some driveability and fuel economy vs the MFI. But the cost of buying and setting yup the EFI may not make it worth it. The MoTec M4-8 sells for around $2500, the harness is seperate and a few hundred more bucks, figure about $500 for injectors, and another $500 for bits and pieces, plus dyno time $1000

Slide valves aint cheap either maybe $2500

it adds up quickly nd may only net you a gain of 20hp or so (if that)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 07:14 PM