Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got my Sunpro Digital Engine Analyzer CP7676
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yarin
'72 914-4 Webers 40s, stock motor

I got my meter off ebay for $24, hooked it up right away and BAM. My dwell was set to 46 degrees after gaping it with a feeler gauge. So I nudged it a bit and BAM... 49 degrees. pretty damn good. RPM works like a charm as well. I'm thinking about setting up a temporary mount inside the car hardwired for voltage, rpm and dwell.

I'm taking this piece of crap Craftsman Engine Analyzer back to Sears, what a waste of 50 bucks for an analog meter.

Then I busted out the timing light with advance, held at 3k rpm and adjusted the distributor to line up with TDC. I briefly caught another mark, but the mark that i lined up with is immediately to the right of the large fin on the fan. Is this correct?

I'll take it for a spin tommorow and see how it runs. Sounds much better than before though. After that i will adjust the valves, one of the cylinders keeps backfiring through the intake. Hopefully its a valve clearance issue. If i'm still having problems then i'm going to order a set of those carb flow meters and learn to tune carbs.

This is all on my crappy engine. I want to get some experience on these Type IVs before i drop in my higher power motor.

Is my sequence of tuning correct? 1) Dwell 2) Timing Advance 3) Valves 4) Carbs
TimT
valves first
yarin
ummm.. WORD!

smilie_pokal.gif
mistro
Yarin, Is this the same beast?
ebay Sunpro

If so I'm bidding on one. Rgds, Michael
yarin
Sorry.. this is the item i got:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=4550252741

I'm sure the other one will work just fine though. Mine is new in box, works like a charm. RPM is nice to have, but its a really slow refresh rate. I expected that though.

good luck!

MecGen
Hi
A backfire thru the carb is usually a "lean" condition.
try to hear what side is farting, start there, or your carbs might not be jetted right. Small backfires, I had also, got it 99% right by playing with jets.
Good luck with it
Later
Joe

beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.