Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: gas lines and acc to carbs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
firstknight13
hey you guys!! got any pics of your gas lines to carbs??? also accelorater cable set up?? thanks cool.gif
ArtechnikA
fuel line
SGB
SS fuel; lines with simple Y-fitting, SS band bent into U-shape and bolted to case for acc cable end.
Trekkor
braided lines with dual outlet reg
rhodyguy
hot ticket for the linkage. Triad. even comes with a throttle cable holder, powdercoated, ready to go. maintains carb dial in superbly.

k
firstknight13
yes the triad looks good.how many of you guys use a return spring on the throttle?? also are the ss lines hard to do??? ohmy.gif
SirAndy
fuel lines: low pressure (3.5) rotary fuel pump from cb performance (very nice!), from there to a "T" then one line to each carb. return line plugged ...

cable bracket: see pic below ...

cool.gif Andy
firstknight13
NICE engine compartment andy where did you get the oil blowby box??? smilie_pokal.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (firstknight13 @ May 26 2005, 07:08 PM)
NICE engine compartment andy where did you get the oil blowby box??? smilie_pokal.gif

schanks! puke box is also from cb performance ...

boldblue.gif Andy
SGB
for return springs, I wanted a little assurance, so I used a spring on each carb (pulling up on the throttle shaft from the bottom of the air cleaner) and a third , longer-"softer" spring from the throttle cable barrel nut to the rear firewall. I've noticed that some system have the linkage toward the back (like mine) and some (like the triad) operating the carbs with the linkage toward the front firewall. I dunno which are better. I know I replaced my 20 yo weltmiester with the CB's aluminum setup specifically for 914s and it made a great improvement- got a whole package- linkage, manifolds, velocity stacks, air cleaners and they are apparently all tuned together- its really cool the way everything hooks up and goes bzzzz-bzzzz-bzzz instead of the previous UPS truck sound.... cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.