Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: value of a '70 6cyl 2.0l motor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turbonet
How much should I expect to pay for a disassembled but otherwise complete 911 2.0l motor with carbs?

Found a motor but I don't know what the value really is.
mb911
QUOTE(turbonet @ Nov 21 2017, 01:55 PM) *

How much should I expect to pay for a disassembled but otherwise complete 911 2.0l motor with carbs?

Found a motor but I don't know what the value really is.

Carbs worth 1500-4500 depending on condition and what they are.

Engine depending on what needs to be done could be a huge swing.. 1500-2500 as that is value at best of the parts.. If its ready for reassembly and no machine work required maybe more.
Dave_Darling
Could be worth a whole lot more to the person who has the 914-6 body that the engine originally came out of.

The 914-6 motor was basically the same as the 1969 911T motor. That was the mildest lowest-powered version of the 911 motor ever put into a series production car by Porsche. It is not in very high demand on its own.

But as I said, there may be one person out there who really wants it.

--DD
brant
It’s parts are not in demand either
Crappy heads
Crappy crank
Not great rods
Iron cylinders
The case has the right number but it’s not a strong case
The 914/6 carbs are worth less than the 911 versions
gereed75
i would say that a complete motor without carbs but including the shroud, fan, alternator, distributor is a pretty good deal in the $1500 - $2000 range. Assuming carbs are webers in decent shape, add another $1500.

Assuming you are looking at it as a core for a six swap, if you have to collect all of the ancillary stuff like the shroud alternator fan distributor, it gets pricy, so that stuff has value.

i would not want to pay more than the 3000 range complete unless it has other valuable qualities like machined cases, great cams, fresh heads, tensioner upgrades etc etc

Still will take 4x that to build a good street motor with an early core because of what Brant says.
porschetub
Confusing thread,some assumed its a 914/6 motor which I think its not ,OP said "70 911 motor" ,didn't know they built a 2.0l motor in 1970 always thought that year had a 2.2,engine number would help.
My quick research on Wiki indicates this motor will be a 2.2l if its a 1970 motor,my own 1971 2.2 is one of the last before the change to 2.4l in August 71.
All that said it is a motor in pieces which drops its value even more,not a powerhouse by any means but could be a good buy @ the right price,I would buy just to have it ANY 911 motor will never get cheaper to buy.
BK911
911 2.0 could have a sand cast aluminum case and be worth some serious coin.
Or be a 67S engine.
A 70 engine could be a 2.2T engine.
Or a 2.2 S engine with webers.
Need engine type and number.
Retroracer
What he said: need engine number to get a reference point,

Also take care that it is indeed "otherwise complete". It only takes a few missing components on these engines to dramatically increase the net cost when you start reassembly. Ask me how I know ;-)
GeorgeRud
Have to figure there was a reason it was originally taken apart! If you have to start replacing parts and do some needed machining, you’ll end up with a very expensive ‘cheap’ motor.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.