Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 4 post lifts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
80cap
Ok I posted a question last week about a 4 post lift. Not a lot of feedback, so here goes again. I'm wore out searching the interweb so what do you guy have? I have the room for a 4 poster with plenty of height, I need a 9k lift and there is a lot of opinions and claims but I would like feed back from the 914 community because I know there is a great deal of experience in the group.
Brian confused24.gif
forrestkhaag
pm euro911 as he has a nice 4-poster

you may have to put up with some gaff to get the real skinny but eventually he sobers up and can respond...... poke.gif poke.gif sawzall-smiley.gif ar15.gif av-943.gif

and he always sheeplove.gif with me so back at em.......

beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
burton73
I sold the lift to euro911 Mark . It was a Dannmar 7000Lb. What do you need 9,000LB for? It worked great for me for a few years. Then I sold my home with the 2 garages in it just would not fit right in my new house because it was a 3-car garage and had a huge beam in the center to hold the weight of the second story in my new used house.

I got a deal from my buddy who had bought a bunch of them over the years and the price included install and delivery. I think I was into it for less than $2,000. Mark got a great deal from me on it used and the install guy moved it and set it up for him in his South Bay house.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4q6izGXXrI
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
domer914
QUOTE(80cap @ Nov 24 2017, 02:59 PM) *

Ok I posted a question last week about a 4 post lift. Not a lot of feedback, so here goes again. I'm wore out searching the interweb so what do you guy have? I have the room for a 4 poster with plenty of height, I need a 9k lift and there is a lot of opinions and claims but I would like feed back from the 914 community because I know there is a great deal of experience in the group.
Brian confused24.gif

I have a Bendpak HD9ST with casters (not bolted to garage floor), rolling jack, and aluminum ramps. I love it. This is a 9000lb capacity. I needed the ST for small size. Happy to share whatever you like. Just respond here or message me.

Jim
domer914
IPB Image
80cap
I live on a small farm and we have trucks and tractors to keep running, so I want a little
over kill on the size and capacity.
Brian
Calwaterbear
if its for mainly maintenencae and keeping stuff running, i prefer a 2 post lift, much better access. I did have a 4 post at my old place, good for storage, but working under the car involved some inginuity and bottle jacks to get at some things.
JmuRiz
Bendpak HD9 here, you can widen out the one ramp to allow for engine drops...that's why I chose it. Drive one for easy park/store for long term and able to do maintenance. I should have bought two bridge jacks when I got it, would have saved some shipping
Unobtanium-inc
Some good info on another thread.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=320053
cary
We'll be adding a couple of these at Middlemotors just for car storage.
http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/Atlas-Garage-Pro-8000-EXT
80cap
I'm going to make a few calls Monday to different manufactures. Once I separate the bs.gif from the facts I'll try to buy one that fits my needs.
Wish me luck.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.