Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jeff Stroud's 3.2 Conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
Deborah Stroud contacted me recently to ask for my help in moving Jeff's car onto a new owner. While the car obviously holds significant personal value for her, she's in Texas now, with no trusted contacts to work on the car and more importantly, it's not getting used the way it should. So she's decided, after much soul searching, that it's time to let the car move on. I'm going through my notes and Jeff's Build Thread. But I feel like there's a LOT of info missing about that car.

So for those of your who also helped build the car, or sold parts to Jeff, can you help me by posting anything you remember about the car? Here's what I have now:

Jeff Stroud’s 914
1974 Light Ivory 914
3.2 conversion by Original Customs
MSDS Headers
Rennshifter
Fully rust repaired
16x7 Fuchs
Good condition interior.
Elephant Racing PolyBronze all around.
Engine access panel in firewall.
Freshly rebuilt 901 transmission.
Bilstein Sport shocks all around.
Adjustable coil overs with 150lb springs in the rear.
New windshield.
Front mounted fuel pump.
Rebuilt calipers.

Oh and for those of you who are watching cars like this for sale, what's the market like now? I have an idea of what it's worth, but I don't really shop much for complete cars. wink.gif
Dave_Darling
I know we have a lot of good folks in TX. Can one or more of them stop by and help inventory stuff in person?

--DD
mb911
Is there a link to his thread?
McMark
Click the underlined words "Jeff's Build Thread" in my first post. wink.gif
ConeDodger
Considering the engine is worth about $15K plus, the provenance of the build thread, and the list of “right” parts, the floor is around $45K. More if you use an overseas market. That takes patience and the willingness to say no a few times.
mb911
QUOTE(McMark @ Nov 26 2017, 11:35 AM) *

Hmm tried but didn't work.will try again.
burton73

How much did Crag’s at Camp914s 3.2 just sell for? I cannot find it in the for sale ads.

Bob B
Mueller
QUOTE(mb911 @ Nov 26 2017, 01:17 PM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ Nov 26 2017, 11:35 AM) *

Hmm tried but didn't work.will try again.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=190366

or

Jeffs build.

Hard read for me, had to make a call to a good friend to talk to after seeing that thread...
Larmo63
This might be a good time to tell everybody what I did.

I made a list of my complete car build the other day. If my kids had to sell it, or if I need reminding of what the car actually is, it's all on a couple sheets of paper and in my computer. Chassis numbers, engine type & number, year, VIN, born on date, size of internal engine parts & descriptions, where they were sourced from, what went into the making of the car. Basically, everything. All of this, along with invoices and receipts.

It's a simple thing to do with a little organization and may be helpful to somebody in the future. If you ever needed an insurance claim on said car, this would be invaluable. I'll tell you, it's a LOT easier to do right now, than in a few years when the memory fades a bit.

My $.02.
mepstein
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 26 2017, 03:24 PM) *

Considering the engine is worth about $15K plus, the provenance of the build thread, and the list of “right” parts, the floor is around $45K. More if you use an overseas market. That takes patience and the willingness to say no a few times.

agree.gif
sithot
QUOTE(mepstein @ Nov 26 2017, 05:13 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 26 2017, 03:24 PM) *

agree.gif

agree.gif
Mike Bellis
I am pleased that Andrew Dalen and I got to get this car on the road so Jeff could drive it before he passed. Jeff sat with us all day. Too weak to work but he stayed by our side as we wrapped up some issues. When we were done, Jeff took me for a ride. Fast and fun. The smile on his face I will never forget.

God speed my friend...
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Nov 26 2017, 08:13 PM) *

I am pleased that Andrew Dalen and I got to get this car on the road so Jeff could drive it before he passed. Jeff sat with us all day. Too weak to work but he stayed by our side as we wrapped up some issues. When we were done, Jeff took me for a ride. Fast and fun. The smile on his face I will never forget.

God speed my friend...

That had to be hard and I’m very proud of both of you... sad.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 26 2017, 06:43 PM) *

QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Nov 26 2017, 08:13 PM) *

God speed my friend...

That had to be hard and I’m very proud of both of you... sad.gif

agree.gif the very best of World
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.