Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Slightly off topic, decided to finally get it back on the road
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rktmn247
Well, I've been procrastinating for longer than I'm willing to admit. Have to get the 911 back on the road to make space to start on the 914. Sooo... I thought it was just the slave cylinder. No had to drop the engine and trans, and it turns out I broke the release bearing and the arm. Parts on the way, then valve adjust while the engine is out, and then put everything back in. Been so long since I've driven it I'm super stoked to get it back on the road!
rktmn247
The broken parts.
barefoot
While you're in there, pull that cat converter off and check to see if it's been melted internally, would make a big flow resistance if so. (mine was gutted when I got it, but I've seen bad examples)
mb911
Kent I would suspect your progress is slowed due to the diaper boxes next to the 911? biggrin.gif

Thats how it is at my house.
DRPHIL914
just recently began having an issue that I think may be the slave cylinder on my '97 boxster clutch - pedal not wanting to pop all way back up if cold or sitting a long time, - what were the symptoms of your issue before you pulled the motor to check on the other parts? I'm hoping a new slave cylinder is the solution, as I really don't want to have to pull my transmission , since the 914 already is at body shop and the motor and transimission for that are on the garage floor taking up space waiting my attention!, anyway your experience here may help me figure mine out.
rktmn247
QUOTE(mb911 @ Nov 29 2017, 02:58 AM) *

Kent I would suspect your progress is slowed due to the diaper boxes next to the 911? biggrin.gif

Thats how it is at my house.

Kids and grandchildren have contributed some, but it's mostly my fault.
rktmn247
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Nov 29 2017, 04:05 AM) *

just recently began having an issue that I think may be the slave cylinder on my '97 boxster clutch - pedal not wanting to pop all way back up if cold or sitting a long time, - what were the symptoms of your issue before you pulled the motor to check on the other parts? I'm hoping a new slave cylinder is the solution, as I really don't want to have to pull my transmission , since the 914 already is at body shop and the motor and transimission for that are on the garage floor taking up space waiting my attention!, anyway your experience here may help me figure mine out.

I was having trouble going into gear and was pressing harder on the pedal when I pushed it past the stop. The pedal stuck and when I pulled it back out he rod came out of the master cyl. Replaced the master and when doing the slave cyl. we found that the release arm was not lined up right.
rktmn247
Clutch is repaired! Drove it around the neighborhood a little. Now I have a lot of cleaning to do, bleed brakes, fix tail light, and....... No pics during the reassembly, to busy.
rktmn247
Oh, and now I found cracks in the fan housing so I need to replace that.
Dave_Darling
Yeah, we just found cracks in the fan ring on Da Boss' SC... They're NLA. sad.gif

--DD
porschetub
Just leave it unless the fan is touching,folks tend to overtighten the mounting strap and that doesn't help.
worn
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Nov 30 2017, 02:28 PM) *

Yeah, we just found cracks in the fan ring on Da Boss' SC... They're NLA. sad.gif

--DD

What about the alu repros? Still available? Same with my SC.
worn
Sorry double post
porschetub
QUOTE(worn @ Dec 1 2017, 01:42 PM) *

Sorry double post

Mega bucks I think worn,not real sure but Ben most likely welds these between building all the cool stuff he makes for -6 conversions.
It takes a skilled expert to weld magnesium correctly afterall.
IronHillRestorations
Not sure which ones they are reproducing, but Vertex is got some
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.