pos to pos then neg to neg
mepstein
One of the easiest cars to push start
SirAndy
QUOTE(76-914 @ Nov 29 2017, 03:22 PM) *
pos to pos then neg to neg

agree.gif
cpavlenko
Yes, I know the correct way with pos/neg hook up, and yes it very easy to push start, but I have read some where that if you jump start from another vehicle you could hurt the alternator.
Olympic 914
You don't have the charging vehicle running when you try to start the teener.

You can hook up the charging vehicle and just let it run for a while to charge up the battery in the teener ( or whatever you are charging) But be sure shut off the charging vehicle before trying start the teener.

use this method to jump start motorcycles also. the 100+ amp charging system of newer vehicles will burn out the regulator on our older cars

Tom_T
Just get one of those Lithium Battery charging units & keep it charged up in the car. They're smaller & lighter than a set of good cables anyway, & can start several cars off of a full charge.

beerchug.gif

Tom
///////
stugray
whenever I jump a car I leave the charging car running, BUT I stand right at the battery and disconnect the second the dead car comes to life.

It is bad for the two voltage regulators to fight each other, but they can all take it briefly.
cpavlenko
Thanks for all the info, much appreciated. I do have a portable jump start system I use for my Telescope. Stanley 300 amp instant starting power, jump-start system 600 amp peak battery amps, with USB, cables, and 12 volt outlet. Worked fine to start the teener...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.