Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS Rear suspension arm replacement shafts solid stainless
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Mikey914
Selling these on GB in the Garage you can bump the thread for the code will be $170 after the GB is over

The real problem with these is the factory made these as a tube they welded a plate with the threaded ends on. The welds will rust over time and allow water in the tube. This leads to rust where you really don't want it. My stainless ones will never rust.

bdstone914
How much for just the bushings? You are right about rust and the shafts. About half of the ones I have torn down are so rusted they are not usable.

Have you considered adding a 14mm Schnoor washer to the ends? The original shafts have serrations to lock the shaft from rotating.
Mikey914
These have been installed and tested in Matt's car. Rotation is not transmitted through the rod. The graphite bushings actually are self lubricating unlike the rubber ones that will bind. you will see this in the installation. we are not currently selling the bushings separately.
A star washer could easily be added but not required.
Mark
Vysoc
I would like these, PM Sent.

Vysoc flag.gif
mgp4591
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 4 2017, 10:35 AM) *

These have been installed and tested in Matt's car. Rotation is not transmitted through the rod. The graphite bushings actually are self lubricating unlike the rubber ones that will bind. you will see this in the installation. we are not currently selling the bushings separately.
Mark

If Bruce wants just the bushings, I'll take the stainless shafts because my bushings are brand new...
Vysoc
Thank you!

Vysoc flag.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Dec 5 2017, 02:38 AM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 4 2017, 10:35 AM) *

Mark

If Bruce wants just the bushings, I'll take the stainless shafts because my bushings are brand new...

We are using the graphite bushings specifically because they are easier to install. We have a limited quantity and I'm sure we can get some to Bruce later, but you may want these. Just my .02.
Mark
bretth
I will take a set. Haven't checked the condition of my existing shafts yet but it sounds like these are a good idea.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.