Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914's and harness belts.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
xsboost90
couldnt find any previous discussions on this that were answered. For those of you w/ harness belts, im buying a set of belts today, and I dont have a harness bar. I DO have some seats w/ the cool holes in the headrest though. I believe i can mount the shoulder straps to the firewall w/ big washers that come in the kit w/o the bar, is there a trick to i or can i not do this? The lap belts just go to the factory bolts correct? where does the submarine belt go? I need to run a bolt through the floorboard? dry.gif 5point harness.
skline
That is exactly as I did mine, the way you just described it. However, I will not be able to install the factory backpad in mine without some modifications. I need to figure that out pretty soon.
914helo
I remember seeing someone's picture awhile back that showed them putting in a 6 point harness so that they wouldn't have to drill a hole through the floorboard like you would for a 5 point. Anything that saves putting more holes in and worrying about future rust seems like a good idea. Next year that's the route I plan on taking.
xitspd
Make sure you use the same large washers(2.25"min.) for the submarine strap that you use for the shoulder straps. I use two large washers per eyebolt, one inside the drivers compartment and one outside the driver compartment....
Jeroen
better use some BIG ASS washers...
better yet, put in a backing plate of sheetmetal
Aaron Cox
for the vertical belts:
2 eyebolts through the firewall. a 2.25" washer on each side and ive been told to double nut it also wink.gif
user posted imageuser posted image

for the laps
, im told you can use these
user posted image
or use an eyebolt on each end to replace the stock bolt
xitspd
ohmy.gif Use a snap end with an Eye Bolt.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.