Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wiper arms & blades
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JFG
Are they the same as late 60's or early 70's 911's?
mgphoto
Not sure about the 911 but 914's have a straight arm #914.628.313.10 left side "observe installation hints" and angular arm #914.628.314.10 again "observe installation hints" right side.
Both are listed as SWF

Install hints would be in the factory repair manual.
porschetub
Don't buy the "jp group" brand from pelican ,bought these for my car and they don't fit,someone screwed up chair.gif cause they even have a 911 part number so that will answers your question, beer.gif

EDIT ,just researched and there seems a cross over sorry for the bad info,well it appears that way the ones I have appear to be for a latter 911....still looking as I would like to sell them.
GeorgeRud
Another issue is with the fit of the Bosch wiper blade plastic adapter. The ones currently packaged with the wiper blades are a bit wide and provide a loose fit on the arm. Frustrating!
Mark Henry
QUOTE(mgphoto @ Dec 8 2017, 03:27 PM) *

Not sure about the 911 but 914's have a straight arm #914.628.313.10 left side "observe installation hints" and angular arm #914.628.314.10 again "observe installation hints" right side.
Both are listed as SWF

Install hints would be in the factory repair manual.

I could be wrong but doesn't the 911 park on the opposite side?
The bend in the one arm may be the wrong way IIRC.
drem914
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Dec 8 2017, 03:14 PM) *

Another issue is with the fit of the Bosch wiper blade plastic adapter. The ones currently packeged with the wiper blades are a bit wide and provide a loose fit on the arm. Frustrating!

Frustrating, yes they can come loose after an "extended" use of 15 minutes during an early morning drive. confused24.gif
GeorgeRud
Good project for Mikey914? Save those old Bosch adapters if you still have them.
1adam12
agree.gif
Larmo63
Buy this stuff from Eric at Auto Foreign Services if you want correct.

This is all I buy:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-1968-to-19...~wAAOSwopRYmrkb

He has kits too, arms + blades.

Perfect reproductions.
mepstein
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Dec 8 2017, 08:13 PM) *

This is all I buy:

Perfect reproductions.

That’s a great price. My supplier is $26/arm sad.gif
porschetub
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Dec 9 2017, 12:14 PM) *

Another issue is with the fit of the Bosch wiper blade plastic adapter. The ones currently packeged with the wiper blades are a bit wide and provide a loose fit on the arm. Frustrating!

Had the same issue found some off a Golf or BMW and they worked took up the slop ,the ones provided where completely wrong,shame cause they were well made, used Bosch blades on other euro cars for years and no issues.
Bugger really sad.gif .
Mark Henry
Can you still get refills for bosch blades?
I always use to just replace the squeegee, but FLAPS around here don't seem to carry them anymore,
porschetub
Turns out Pelican sent me arms for 911 MY 1976 - 1991 mad.gif ,oh well at least I know what I have now.
The earlier arms 911 MY 1968 - 1975 appear to cross over to the 914 ,the 911 number is in fact 914 628 314 00 (rh side).
I noticed prices all over the place, genuine was $123 down to $45- 35 for reproduction ones.
My old wiper blades were SWF so presume the arms are too ,maybe thats the issue with the Bosch part on those arms confused24.gif
porschetub
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Dec 9 2017, 02:13 PM) *

This is all I buy:

Perfect reproductions.

Thanks for the heads up Lawrence I will order a set from them beerchug.gif .
Mikey914
Always will to tale a look if there's no good options.
76-914

Another issue is with the fit of the Bosch wiper blade plastic adapter. The ones currently packaged with the wiper blades are a bit wide and provide a loose fit on the arm. Frustrating!

Timely post. I had just ordered a pair of Bosch from Pelican. I was on the phone @ 0700 changing them to Porsche. I remembered the the last set I bought didn't fit worth a Continental Damn. fyou1.gif Now I know why. beerchug.gif
bbrock
QUOTE(76-914 @ Dec 11 2017, 08:46 AM) *

Timely post.

Disagree!!! sad.gif I think I threw away my blade holders with good fitting adapters a couple months ago when I was stripping my car down. headbang.gif Wish I'd seen this post beforehand. Maybe I'll get lucky and find that I tossed them into one of the many plastic tubs of parts.
mgphoto
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Dec 9 2017, 08:32 AM) *

Can you still get refills for bosch blades?
I always use to just replace the squeegee, but FLAPS around here don't seem to carry them anymore,

FLAPS makes more off the entire blade ($10-15) , so they don't carry them in stores, the refills ($1-3) can be purchased online but shipping usually make them cost prohibitive.
simonjb
Where are folks getting wiper blades these days? and what brand?
raynekat
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Dec 8 2017, 05:13 PM) *

This is all I buy:

Perfect reproductions.

I have these too.
They are "correct" looking and the best of quality.
simonjb
looks like his shop is closed....
raynekat
Just spoke with Eric a couple weeks ago and here are my "special" wipers that he set me up with.
Guess this is the hot set up with Early S crowd.
He puts a right hand drive wiper in front of the driver.
It doesn't touch the windshield trim but gets out of the way of the driver's vision pretty well.

Click to view attachment
mepstein
Real Porsche’s park the wipers on the left.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
yes 69- about 75 911

QUOTE(JFG @ Dec 8 2017, 10:22 AM) *

Are they the same as late 60's or early 70's 911's?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.