Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New To Me 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fishgeckos
Hi. I'm "new". I just bought my first 914 - I've wanted one ever since I was a kid and owned a Fiat x1/9. She's a '73 2.0L with recent dealer-installed a/c (I live in Dallas). Nicely restored.

BUT, we're off to a rough start...
When I first pulled her into my driveway off the truck carrier last week, I noticed a large gas leak. The fuel filter was leaking gas, so I immediately had her towed to the repair shop. The seller was professional about the situation and reimbursed me for the surprise immediate repair work. She was repaired, and I got her registered in TX yesterday and was finally able to drive her home. SO much fun - -can't wait to get to know her better.

Click to view attachment

BeatNavy
Wow, good looking car! And so small next to its sibling biggrin.gif

welcome.png
JOEPROPER
wow, You like orange cars huh? Very nice looking 914! Good luck with it! Check the fuel lines, if they're plastic, then check out tangerine racing for the steel replacements.

and welcome.png You're in the right place.
cal44
Stop calling him, her. You are going to give the poor thing a complex. Look what happened to Rachel (or is it Ray) Maddow.

My favorite 914 color it is. Nice find, me like.

This is a fine group of folks on the site. Although a little prickly at times they are always willing to steer the confused in the right direction. Some very knowledgeable help with many years of experience.
ndfrigi
That is beautiful 914! Is it Signal Orange? Congratulation!
jcambo7
Wonderful first teener!
welcome.png
ValcoOscar
Looking good....

welcome.png
Coondog
QUOTE(JOEPROPER @ Dec 21 2017, 03:13 PM) *

wow, You like orange cars huh? Very nice looking 914! Good luck with it! Check the fuel lines, if they're plastic, then check out tangerine racing for the steel replacements.

agree.gif post more info on what your shop did to repair fuel leak. These cars have the tendency to burn from fuel leaks. First thing I did to my car was replace everything rubber/ plastic/ gasket associated with gasoline.

Great looking 914 welcome.
jim_hoyland
See pictures at: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/clubnarp/th...-ron-t3215.html
It’s an old thread by Slits
fishgeckos
QUOTE(Coondog @ Dec 21 2017, 05:31 PM) *

QUOTE(JOEPROPER @ Dec 21 2017, 03:13 PM) *

agree.gif post more info on what your shop did to repair fuel leak. These cars have the tendency to burn from fuel leaks. First thing I did to my car was replace everything rubber/ plastic/ gasket associated with gasoline.

Great looking 914 welcome.

The underlying problem was that a ziptie holding 2 hoses in place rubbed a hole in the fuel filter. We simply replaced the fuel filter and the 2 fuel hoses. I will likely go ahead and replace the rubber hoses with steel hoses as others have suggested to me here. I really appreciate all of the problem avoidance advice. Knowing what to look for is 1/2 the battle. Thanks again and glad to be part of 914 World.

fishgeckos
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Dec 21 2017, 05:26 PM) *

That is beautiful 914! Is it Signal Orange? Congratulation!

Thank you. Yes - Signal Orange - L20E. Such a cool color that, IMO, doesn't look good on most cars.

Glad to be here.
Lucky9146
welcome.png signal914.jpg

And here is a tread on fire extinguishers to consider. It started out being a thread on where to put a fire extinguisher and morphed into what extinguishers and sizes do what. A true learning experience! http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=320030
white914.jpg
StratPlayer
welcome.png Great looking 914, welcome and enjoy your new car. beerchug.gif
Montreal914
welcome.png Beautiful car, congratulation!
burton73
Great color. “Life is like a box of chocolates” well Porsche cars from this vintage is more like a bag of M&M’s All the car colors are in the bag. Lots of bright ones.

Enjoy you car and welcome. You will get answers to almost all your questions,
We have a search function but I find it easy to ask Google and put in 914world at the end of the question.

Bob B
welcome.png
QUOTE(fishgeckos @ Dec 21 2017, 03:01 PM) *

Hi. I'm "new". I just bought my first 914 - I've wanted one ever since I was a kid and owned a Fiat x1/9. She's a '73 2.0L with recent dealer-installed a/c (I live in Dallas). Nicely restored.

BUT, we're off to a rough start...
When I first pulled her into my driveway off the truck carrier last week, I noticed a large gas leak. The fuel filter was leaking gas, so I immediately had her towed to the repair shop. The seller was professional about the situation and reimbursed me for the surprise immediate repair work. She was repaired, and I got her registered in TX yesterday and was finally able to drive her home. SO much fun - -can't wait to get to know her better.

Click to view attachment

It’s a beautiful car. I love the color.
porschetub
welcome.png ,sharp looking car and that colour and I thought silver was the best choice confused24.gif .
Please keep posting your progress ...good for you and gets the wheels turning for others on here to ,good luck.
914_7T3
That's a beauty!

welcome.png
Mikey914
Nice car!
Larmo63
Your new car looks really clean, and......

welcome.png
Mikedrevguy
Congrats on the find. Enjoy the driving.
welcome.png
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.