Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stolen 3.2 engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
mb911
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Dec 26 2017, 11:53 AM) *

I hope we get some numbers to be on the lookout for. With social media and LOTS of friends, Eric has a good start on recovering this engine. That was a pretty lowlife thing to do, I hope the perps get exposed.

There will be no serial number. Much like mine I have no idea what the number is until I need it..
burton73
Some one stole my 1973 911s in 1979, 500 miles after I rebuilt the engine. I thought my world had ended. I was made whole by my insurance company AAA but nothing for all the time I had put in rebuilding the Eng. 500 miles before that night, I was just going to change the brake-in oil from the rebuild.

In the car was all my dirty clothing as I lived by myself and it was go to the laundry mat night. I was 27.

Make sure that your car insurance will cover you in almost all situations.

Bob B
whitetwinturbo
First my cool neighbor gets his track car trailer stolen. He buys a new one since it's never recovered. Then his Chevy Diesel pickup gets snatched. He fixes it up, once it's recovered. Last week, you guessed it..........he watches it drive out of his business parking lot on security cam......... blink.gif

ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(mb911 @ Dec 26 2017, 05:10 PM) *

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Dec 26 2017, 11:53 AM) *

I hope we get some numbers to be on the lookout for. With social media and LOTS of friends, Eric has a good start on recovering this engine. That was a pretty lowlife thing to do, I hope the perps get exposed.

There will be no serial number. Much like mine I have no idea what the number is until I need it..

Yea, I have no idea what mine is and we don’t keep track at the shop.
Cracker
Maybe now would be a good time to start, eh? There is a saying regarding all-things (relating to) insurance...documentation, documentation, documentation! Without it...you are likely screwed. shades.gif

Tony

QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 26 2017, 09:18 PM) *

Yea, I have no idea what mine is and we don’t keep track at the shop.
GeorgeRud
Eric posted some shots from local cameras of a white pickup with a tradesman back on it. Hopefully that will help track the culprit down.
Unobtanium-inc
Theft is one of those things that is impossible to plan for, or prevent if the thieves are good. In High School my Scirocco got stolen in the school parking lot, they had it cranked and driving out of the lot in minutes, I had a club (remember those?) and an alarm, and the whole football team was watching, even Ryan Seacrest! Yes, he was on the football team.
My brother once foiled the robbers, he hooked a push switch under his carpet that killed the ground to the fuel pump. They came, tried to start it, and failed. Well, they came back three weeks later and dragged the car about 5 blocks and stripped it. If they want it, they will get it.
I hope he finds his engine, but blaming him for doing something wrong is in itself wrong.

---Adam
pete-stevers
Look guys.. I don't leave bags in my car for junkies or thieves to see at any time either... but thieves are thieves... they will get you if they want, or if they know you have something they might want... for all you assholes that think this is Erics fault, I hope you get your cumuppins... This is a theft, and a theft should be treated as such so keep your eyes out for the culprits, as this could be you at any time. You might keep your stuff locked up, alarmed... they may still try.... This very well may have been someone who knew what was in that truck.
TravisNeff
That's super shitty. Sorry to hear this Erc. sad.gif
jmitro
QUOTE(pete-stevers @ Dec 27 2017, 12:38 AM) *
for all you assholes that think this is Erics fault, I hope you get your cumuppins...

easy there killer. Nobody said it was Eric's fault.
rhodyguy
Assholes? Wow Steve. You might reconsider and maintain a lower tone and language.
JmuRiz
QUOTE(jmitro @ Dec 27 2017, 09:05 PM) *

QUOTE(pete-stevers @ Dec 27 2017, 12:38 AM) *
for all you assholes that think this is Erics fault, I hope you get your cumuppins...

easy there killer. Nobody said it was Eric's fault.

Maybe he's talking about the Pelican Parts board...seems to be a lot of people thinking it's an inside job or his fault. It's really quite silly over there, at least from what I saw yesterday.
IronHillRestorations
yea, and BTW, its comeuppance
rhodyguy
Which forum at PP?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.