Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 911 Engine Case - UPDATED
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
infraredcalvin
UPDATED: 1/7/18

What you see is what you get,

911/92 7R case & used main bearings $400 +shipping & PP fees
matching crank, and rods, Intermediate shaft, and 3 rib oil pump.
$1,000 + Ship OBO

While collecting parts for my build I ended up with one too many engine cases, so I’m letting this one go. I bought this case from a well-known seller on the bird board. I don’t know much about this case except that it has been worked on previously and what the previous seller disclosed. It has a couple heli-coils (one removed by me), the remaining look to be time certs. Some are backing out, they could be reseated with the proper insert tool, or I had planned to remove all and replace with case savers (which seems to be the recommendation with these cases).

There were a few items that were not disclosed to me that I’d like to make sure I get out there:

There is a chunk taken out where the oil cooler mounts – as seen in the pictures. In no way does this interfere with the sealing or mounting of the oil cooler it’s just cosmetic (I just wanted to disclose as it was a surprise to me).

Crank is the matching 74.2 crank with what was explained as a ‘rub’ on journal number 3 (look at pictures, you can feel it with a nail, the original seller said he had it checked out by an expert and was told it could be polished out (take that for whatever it worth). The used bearings are included, including no. 8 (here’s the other part that was not disclosed), it appears that the case has been align bored 0.25 oversized, and the crank ground .025 undersized according to the bearings (see bearing pictures).

All in all it’s a good case that has had some work done, and as with all mag cases needs a bit more.

Not included are head studs, a couple were broken or corroded, case bolts/nuts were removed and not provided by previous seller.

Thanks for looking, pics to follow,

Pat
infraredcalvin
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
gcrotvik
PM sent.
infraredcalvin
Case and used bearings only available for $400 +ship and pp fees. I’ll update the above later.

Crank, rods, intermediate shaft and pump SOLD.

Thank you 914World & Greg for keeping my build going!
pete-stevers
I pm'd you on the case...
I will take it if it is a 2.4 7r case
Thanks
Text is best
infraredcalvin
Bump, 7R Case (2.7) still available. Will be posting on the bird at higher price shortly.
infraredcalvin
BUMP
infraredcalvin
Bump
infraredcalvin
BUMP - Posting on the bird site with increased pricing, 914 members will get pricing shown here...
Optimusglen
I'm not up to date on case prices, but that seems super inexpensive. Even noting that it'll need some work.
JmuRiz
agree.gif
Looks better than the 7R case I sent off to get work done on.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.