Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: URO license plate light quality and best vendor to purchase from?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
gothspeed
QUOTE(doug_b_928 @ Jan 31 2018, 11:43 AM) *

That’s the 73 wiring diagram from Jeff Bowlsby’s website, printed in colour. But I find the 8.5x11 printout way too small to see, so I’m using my computer instead.
Awesome thank you! I have a 73' and in addition to the prospero's schematic I enlarged a black and white version with component internals. It has worked so far but still a pain to have to constantly go back and forth between schematics.

QUOTE(bbrock @ Jan 31 2018, 11:48 AM) *

QUOTE(doug_b_928 @ Jan 31 2018, 12:43 PM) *

That’s the 73 wiring diagram from Jeff Bowlsby’s website, printed in colour. But I find the 8.5x11 printout way too small to see, so I’m using my computer instead.

I put the file on a thumb drive and took it to the copy store to print it out on 11x17. It was readable then.
Great idea with the thumb drive. I may try for a 24" x 36" in color biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(doug_b_928 @ Jan 31 2018, 04:19 PM) *

Sorry, thought that was clear. URO sent them to me at no cost asking that I give my unbiased impression. And that’s what I’ve happily given above. If I didn’t like them or think they’re worth the ~$35 price tag I’d say so. People more knowlwdgeable than me, who have actually worked with the OE lights, might have a different impression, can’t say. All I can say is I’m happy with them (so far).

Ahh. Maybe I'm a bit biased about science since research is my field, but when someone gives you something, even if you're Gandi, the bias is implied. In science they would never let that fly. EG: I pretty much hate Ford products and not without experience, my company cars have always been Ford. But if Ford wanted to give me a new F150 my unbiased opinion is not going to be unbiased. 'Oh! It's great! I hope they give me another next year!' That said, it looks like it works as advertised. GLWTR! beerchug.gif
doug_b_928
Well then that makes two of us, since research is also my field. But I agree that I should have been more clear on that in my previous post and appreciate you pointing it out. Like I said, if I felt that they would not be worth the price to me for my purposes, I'd say so. Who knows, maybe they'll fall apart on me someday, and I'll report that too if it happens.
carl k
I bought a pair of the URO license plate lights last year. I installed them last month on my 914, when I put on a better used rubber bumper top. The lights fit and worked without requiring any modifications. As Doug said, the wiring fit well on the spade connectors.

I actually had a pair of NOS Hella lights, but the URO ones were of sufficient quality that I couldn't justify putting the NOS ones on my daily driver.

Carl
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.