Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CHT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
meares
are the 1.7 and 2L Cylinder Head Temp. interchangeable?
davep
There are at least two different ones. They say the 73 2.0 is different from the rest, but I'm not sure. I thought the 73 2.0 had a resistor in series for the 2.0 that the 73 1.7 did not have. Other year 2.0's didn't have the resistor I thought.
ThinAir
Pelican Parts lists just 2 CHTs for all Type IV 914s. One for the 73 2.0L (which requires the added 270 ohm resistor inline) and one for everything else.

CHTs at PP

As for whether a 73 2.0L requires the resistor. Mine ran without the resistor, but I noticed an improvement in the engine once I installed the resistor. It just seemed less sluggish. I built my own resistor out of parts from Radio Shack. The resistor comes in a 5-pack for 99 cents. The spade connectors cost more than the resistor!
Mueller
QUOTE (meares @ Jun 1 2005, 07:58 AM)
are the 1.7 and 2L Cylinder Head Temp. interchangeable?

I recommend you read or at least gloss over this site:

"THE" D-jet answer page(s)

This will tell what can be swapped and why or why not.....
ThinAir
QUOTE (Mueller @ Jun 1 2005, 01:06 PM)
I recommend you read or at least gloss over this site:

"THE" D-jet answer page(s)

You've got ESP! How did you know that I needed to look that up today? I've got a print-out of this page, but of course I can't find it when I want it! huh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.