---Tours
---Swap Meet
---Parts Quiz
---Banquet
---Drive in Movie Night
---Behind the scenes Tour of Fossil Rim

This yearly 914 event usually draws 30-50 cars from Texas, Oklahoma,
Arkansas, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississipi, Kansas, and
Tennessee...plus the rest of the country!! (All teeners are welcome!
If you don't have a car, still come and bring pictures! There will be
some people in attendance without their 914's!)

Cost for this 4 day event is only $50.00 (yes this includes the Track Fees user posted image)

For more info and to see previous MUSR's , go HERE ! ! ! !

Confirmed attendees

Clay & Betty Perrine
Curt Curtis
Joseph Mills
Charlie and Teri Davis
Thom Ewing
Jimmy Wilkinson
Dennis & Linda Carter
Richard and Rita Fisher (475HP V8 914) ah... those are real #'s
Wayne & Brandy Fry
Don and Stephanie Doumecqs
Al & Patti Swanson
David Lee (V8)
Anne LeBlanc (V8)
Tony Chavez
John Reynolds
Greg Fox
Jason Fox
Mike Floyd
Gary and Penny Perser
Ron and Karen Dupre
James and Margarita Tomlinson
Gene Chavez
Cary and Geneva Spreen
Steve Shelly
George Schoeler

Regester NOW !!!

user posted image

MUSR 3 - 2001, in Solana, Texas
SirAndy
i don't think i'll be able to make it this year ... sad.gif

but who knows, maybe things will look better by september ...
boldblue.gif Andy
dakotaewing
Now come on Andy... Grab half a dozen folks, 2 trucks, each with its own trailer and attached 914, and DRIVE!!!
I mean its only like 30 hours straight 1 way.... biggrin.gif
Hell you could even stop and bring a few folks that live along the way - Maybe even DD will come -
(If his attorney lets him....) lol2.gif
Its not like you haven't done it before!!!

Thom
skline
Isnt Granbury around the DFW area? My sister lives in Granbury. If it is, I made that drive in a lot less than 30 hours. More like 17 hours straight through. Well, that was from there to my house, I live in So Cal so I guess it isnt as far. Average speed was 109, what a ride!
dakotaewing
QUOTE (skline @ Jul 11 2005, 11:26 PM)
Isnt Granbury around the DFW area? My sister lives in Granbury. If it is, I made that drive in a lot less than 30 hours. More like 17 hours straight through. Well, that was from there to my house, I live in So Cal so I guess it isnt as far. Average speed was 109, what a ride!

Scott,
Yes Granbury is in the DFW area... (SSW)

If you averaged 109 in a truck pulling a trailer and a 914, I bet you would be lucky to make it.... w00t.gif

I used to live in Santa Barbara, and the drive took about 24 hours, when the speed limits were 55....

Please come and bring the Mrs... We would love to have you guys - However,
just to be clear, there is nothing like Neverland at the MUSR, except maybe the bar accross the street from the hotel...

Thom
ClayPerrine
As of right now, we have only 10 confirmed registrations for MUSR 7. It's only 5 weeks away. If we don't get some more of you signed up, IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!! ohmy.gif

If you are planning on coming, we need to know. We are only 5 weeeks out!!

Don't let this event die from lack of interest!!!! pray.gif
jr91472
I mailed my in last week, hopefully I make 11.
tat2dphreak
serously?! WTF?

what about Wes? Rich?

is it because it's on Labor day weekend?!
cha914
I knew I had forgot something...sent an email but not a check...will send tonight!

- Tony
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Jul 20 2005, 01:46 PM)
serously?! WTF?

what about Wes? Rich?

I was discussing the MUSR with Charlie Davis via e-mail.

Charlie Davis - "I'm waiting to see if we will have enough people come to bother with shirts. 10 and holding. I ain't doin 10 shirts..."

C'mon people!!! Let's get off your duffs and get signed up!!!!

Wes says he is going to have to work. Rich is hopefully going to make it, but he is not sure.

Seriously, if we don't make this happen, it's not going to happen. sad.gif
Joseph Mills
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Jul 20 2005, 02:27 PM)
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Jul 20 2005, 01:46 PM)
serously?! WTF?

I was discussing the MUSR with Charlie Davis via e-mail.

C'mon people!!! Let's get off your duffs and get signed up!!!!

Seriously, if we don't make this happen, it's not going to happen. sad.gif

Yeah! Come on you SLACKERS!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I'm all paid up. I'm even already halfway packed to go... beer, clean socks, 13mm wrench... rolleyes.gif

I've seen the T-shirt design and it alone is worth 50 geeters. cool.gif

Did I mention the 50 acre AX site all day event?

dakotaewing
QUOTE (joseph222 @ Jul 25 2005, 04:21 PM)
Yeah! Come on you SLACKERS!!! biggrin.gif  :D  :D

YA!
Guess I'll be "runin" the 4x4 Suburban AGAIN this year!!!!! w00t.gif Yack.gif chair.gif rocking nana.gif
jr91472
QUOTE (dakotaewing @ Jul 25 2005, 04:08 PM)

YA!
Guess I'll be "runin" the 4x4 Suburban AGAIN this year!!!!! w00t.gif Yack.gif chair.gif rocking nana.gif

hey, you're scarin me......

for some of us, this will be our first a/x ohmy.gif

dakotaewing
QUOTE (jr91472 @ Jul 25 2005, 07:13 PM)

YA!

It's only my 2nd!!!
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (jr91472 @ Jul 25 2005, 07:13 PM)

YA!

agree.gif

furthermore, it may be the first time some of us drive our cars !! laugh.gif
Joseph Mills
QUOTE (jr91472 @ Jul 25 2005, 06:13 PM)

YA!

Don't fret! biggrin.gif We only let Thom and the behemoth out on the course after we're safely finished. wink.gif

Why this event is perfect for new AX'ers?

Some down to earth discussion all about autocrossing, what it is (it may not be what you think it is), how to prepare your car and yourself, what to expect, car preparation, safety, etc., held in a classroom environment with a questions and answer period. Plus maybe doughnuts. biggrin.gif

Hands on driving skills workshop with driving instructors in a safe and focused atmosphere. This alone is worth 3 times the cost of MUSR7.

Hey, Got Milk? Hey, Got Fifty Bucks? biggrin.gif

A full afternoon of autocrossing your car both with and without instructors. You'll have as many runs as we can make happen for you.

All of the effort you have invested in repairing, restoring, or upgrading will be well rewarded and you will come away with a new level of appreciation for your teener. rolleyes.gif

Or just take some "fun" rides with me in Sparky. ohmy.gif unsure.gif wacko.gif
Joseph Mills
MUSR 5 - 2003, in Hot Spring, Arkansas
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (joseph222 @ Jul 25 2005, 09:41 PM)
Or just take some "fun" rides with me in Sparky. ohmy.gif unsure.gif wacko.gif

Only if you promise to leave the camera in the pits and drive with both hands..... Unlike the Talamina drive..... screwy.gif
Joseph Mills
Hey... I was just doing a bit of "multi-tasking"... biggrin.gif

Speaking of which, I was riding with a client to lunch yesterday and she starts sending a long text message on her mobil phone. ohmy.gif

I offered to steer for her. biggrin.gif
tat2dphreak
I have good news and bad news

the bad:
I probably will not make it after all to MUSR... sad.gif

because:(the good)
if everything goes as planned(not that it ever does) we will have to move in to our new house at that time! smilie_pokal.gif so, I'll have a garage of my own to dirty up wink.gif

I'm still going to try to make it, maybe if we can close quicker and take possession sooner, we can be in the house before MUSR; or maybe I can sneak away and just come on Saturday... something...

someone grab my T-shirt if I don't get to come. sad.gif
jr91472
I think I may have recruited another. A good friend and mechanic (helps me all the time). Steve Shelley is a water pumper (944) and been around racing and cars all his life.

Hopefully he will register this weekend wink.gif
Red-Beard
Change of plans. Due to impending modifacations to my wife, we will not be going to see Dr. Evil in PA labor day weekend....

We're going to MUSR and "The Suicide Blond" will be there!

beerchug.gif

Do I have to pay extra for the Blond?
tat2dphreak
I may be coming after all... I may have to come down friday morning and leave sunday morning(early) but I'm sweet talkin' the missus... stay tuned for further developments wink.gif

dakotaewing
QUOTE (Red-Beard @ Jul 31 2005, 08:41 PM)
Change of plans. Due to impending modifacations to my wife, we will not be going to see Dr. Evil in PA labor day weekend....

We're going to MUSR and "The Suicide Blond" will be there!

beerchug.gif

Do I have to pay extra for the Blond?

Thats great James!
We look forward to seeing you there!

TE
Joseph Mills
Wayne...

Now that's more like it! biggrin.gif

James...

Which blond are you referrring to? rolleyes.gif

spare time toys
If I get the windshield frame on I may load the German8Tor up and bring it out to the swap meet just for grins. I aint selling but just blowing off the dust.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (spare time toys @ Aug 1 2005, 03:22 PM)
If I get the windshield frame on I may load the German8Tor up and bring it out to the swap meet just for grins. I aint selling but just blowing off the dust.

You can bring it to the car show. Just push it into the space. No one said it had to be running.

Last year, Dennis Carter won the peoples choice award, and his car was on a trailer with no headlights or interior. He and I wired the tail lights and turn signals in the parking lot one morning.

dakotaewing
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Aug 1 2005, 04:40 PM)
QUOTE (spare time toys @ Aug 1 2005, 03:22 PM)

You can bring it to the car show. Just push it into the space. No one said it had to be running.

Last year, Dennis Carter won the peoples choice award, and his car was on a trailer with no headlights or interior. He and I wired the tail lights and turn signals in the parking lot one morning.

Clay -
Do you know anyone that would loan me their trailer so I could bring my tub? I need to get Richard Fisher to give me a qoute on a paint job any way - It is a litlle more bear than the germanator.... biggrin.gif

TE
tat2dphreak
idea.gif I hadn't thought of that, but I need a quote too... smile.gif someone tell rich to bring his little black book wink.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Aug 1 2005, 07:28 PM)
idea.gif I hadn't thought of that, but I need a quote too... smile.gif someone tell rich to bring his little black book wink.gif

Wayne,
I have seen your car. Just put the motor and seats back in and drive it down....
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Aug 1 2005, 09:46 PM)
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Aug 1 2005, 07:28 PM)

Wayne,
I have seen your car. Just put the motor and seats back in and drive it down....

I'f I'm there, the car should be too smile.gif
spare time toys
So if I come just for Sat can I hitch a ride on the tour with someone? Ill have the Suburban with a trailer on it. I will know if I will bring mine to show as a work in progress just for kicks this weekend
GS9146Driver
Okay, Guys.
I am trying to figure out a cheap way to a room in or near Granbury. Is any one splitting a suite and need another roomy. I've heard that some have an alternate place to stay, Motel 6? Some one give me a shout, I really don't want to miss this event since I was able to get my lovely wife to cut me loose again to run with the 'teeners.
Waitin' for a line...
George beerchug.gif
Joseph Mills
Lodging for MUSR7

I've been informed by the Granbury Lodge that there are no more rooms available at all.

I have reserved two rooms at the Comfort Inn nearby. Three of us are sharing one of the rooms -
which brings it to around 30.00 each daily rolleyes.gif

I reserved the other room for anyone that might want it and/or to share it with others that do not have anywhere to stay at the present (Tulsa/Arkansas/Texas guys, etc.). Check in is 3:00pm Friday with check out on noon monday.

Right now, Curt Curtis & George Schoeler are caravaning from Tulsa departing about 6:00am Friday and picking me (and possibly Craig Mitchel) up in OKC around 8:00am. We expect to arrive in Granbury around noon on Friday. If you want to join the caravan make it known here.

Larry, we will find you a car to ride in. driving.gif
Red-Beard
I just called and was able to get a room for Margarita and I....

If you haven't called yet, call now!
Joseph Mills
Drumroll Please... biggrin.gif

The MUSR7 T-Shirt is completed and in production!

Below is the graphic for the backside. As indicated, the T will be a light blue.
Joseph Mills
Below is the front graphic (it's about 3" across). It goes in the pocket area.

Remember, you receive a T-shirt with your 50.00 event fee, as well as the banquet dinner, and a full day of driving activities at a 35 acre AX site!

What a deal! rolleyes.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (joseph222 @ Aug 12 2005, 02:53 PM)
Drumroll Please... biggrin.gif

The MUSR7 T-Shirt is completed and in production!

Below is the graphic for the backside. As indicated, the T will be a light blue.

smilie_pokal.gif cool design... can someone pick up my shirt for me? I paid, but can't attend.
spare time toys
Do I still get a shirt if I show up and pay on Saturday?
dakotaewing
QUOTE (spare time toys @ Aug 13 2005, 12:24 PM)
Do I still get a shirt if I show up and pay on Saturday?

Larry -
Don't count on it- Apparently there are a lot of people who think they can show up on saturday, pay then, and get a t-shirt, participate in the events, have a spot at the dinner table Saturday night, and all will be well -

The organizers of the event have repetively stated to register NOW - there are MULTIPLE vendor and liability issues that this resolves in advance - Charlie and I may work out a deal where the registration remains the same amount for the event if someone wants to register on Saturday - and you DON'T get a shirt -

We want everyone who comes to the event to have a great time, but again
this event is designed on a tight budget - ie no profit to pay for T shirts that no one buys... ie no profit period..

PS - The lousy $50 registration fee includes a $20 meal Saturday night, a $15 T shirt, autocross fees for a 35 acre autocross site (including donuts and coffee), and the insurance that covers the event -

If you pay for the event and don't show up - I'll make sure you at least get your t-shirt -

Right now we are at 28 people and 18 cars that have registered...

rant off -
TE
TheCabinetmaker
Hello all. Just poppin in on Brian's coumputer. Granbury is on the books for me. I'll be leaving T-town with George and Tim on Friday morning, and we'll meet up with Joseph in OKC. We should all be there around noon. Look forward to seeing all you guy's again.

Clay, is the 6 ready? The galley plugs were a piece of cake. Thanks for the advice. The biodegradable bumpers are still in place laugh.gif . Just got no time with the new job and the bumlebee restoration.

Thom, Can i get a ride in the burb at the AX? biggrin.gif

Anyone heard from Gary and Penny Perser?
dakotaewing
QUOTE (vsg914 @ Aug 13 2005, 06:07 PM)

Thom, Can i get a ride in the burb at the AX?  :D

Anyone heard from Gary and Penny Perser?

The burb may refrain from the AX this year.... Its at 180K, and the tranny was replaced a year ago - a little more than a 901... and its leaking again...

The Persers are registered and paid....

TE

spare time toys
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Aug 12 2005, 03:46 PM)

smilie_pokal.gif cool design... can someone pick up my shirt for me? I paid, but can't attend.

Ill grab it and you can swing past the house on Sunday to pick it up. wavey.gif Im sending off my check Monday. I can only go on Sat.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (spare time toys @ Aug 14 2005, 08:06 AM)
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Aug 12 2005, 03:46 PM)

smilie_pokal.gif  cool design... can someone pick up my shirt for me? I paid, but can't attend.

Ill grab it and you can swing past the house on Sunday to pick it up. wavey.gif Im sending off my check Monday. I can only go on Sat.

cool, by sunday we'll only be a few miles apart!! smilie_pokal.gif you'll have to come over when we have our inagural BBQ chowtime.gif
Mr Dick
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Aug 14 2005, 08:08 AM)
cool, by sunday we'll only be a few miles apart!! smilie_pokal.gif you'll have to come over when we have our inagural BBQ chowtime.gif

Ill be there for sure. Im at Dads doing some stuff this afternoon. Im thinking Sunday after the MUSR I will probably not be healthy and need to take a sick day wink.gif
Thoward914
Okay, I finally sent the registration fee off to Charlie. And I reserved a room.
I'm ready and waiting. driving.gif
ehick72
I just sent in my registration today also for two people. I am going to try an arrive Friday evening. I was wondering, do we have to stay at the lodge? I know there's a confort inn up there.

Eric Hickam
Austin, Texas
erictime@msn.com
dakotaewing
QUOTE (ehick72 @ Aug 16 2005, 06:10 PM)
I just sent in my registration today also for two people. I am going to try an arrive Friday evening. I was wondering, do we have to stay at the lodge? I know there's a confort inn up there.

Eric Hickam
Austin, Texas
erictime@msn.com

Eric-
There are a few folks staying at the Comfort Inn-
So to answer your, question, no, you don't have to stay at the lodge -

TE
Joseph Mills
QUOTE (ehick72 @ Aug 16 2005, 05:10 PM)
I just sent in my registration today also for two people.  I am going to try an arrive Friday evening.  I was wondering, do we have to stay at the lodge?  I know there's a confort inn up there.

Eric Hickam
Austin, Texas
erictime@msn.com

Contact the Comfort Inn. I bet they have a room. If not, let me know.
spare time toys
Just a crazy question. Where is the regestration at on Sat AM? Are the activities ran out of the Lodge and thats where I need to go? confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.