Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Beep Me Up Scottie
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
forrestkhaag
WTF.gif I have an illusive horn issue someone may have experienced / but for your sake I hope not.... mad.gif

I have a single 12v Hella snail that tests out in a 12v jumper just fine.

I have a new relay and now know that the one I just replaced works too...

I have a dedicated hot lead to the relay with an unblown fuse in line.

I have rewired the wire runs to eliminate crimped or cut rates of wire.

I also have a horn that works for test beeps when the engine is not running but when the ignition switch is on with fuel pump buzzing.

As I turn on the engine, the horn works for a beep or two then, when some idiot cuts me off and causes a near miss,.... No frigging horn. Zilch this one bends my rod!!

Sidebar. On elimination of the horn button in the circuit, same thing. No horn when needed.

Any similar or dissimilar experience out there? Thanks in advance

beerchug.gif
Steve
I would start with the infamous horn ring. I had the opposite problem. Turn the steering wheel and the horn would go off. The horn ring was raised in one spot and there was also a screw not all the way in. It would rub in a certain spot and the horn would go off. Otherwise try a different horn relay.
worn
I have to dive into a similar issue soon. Hope my rods hold up to it.
forrestkhaag
The good news is that rod was not from my engine... The bad news is it is not the ring and I am on my second new relay in as many weeks. confused24.gif beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.