Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Real '72 914-6 "916 Look" On BAT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
mepstein
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 17 2018, 09:45 PM) *

QUOTE(larryM @ Feb 17 2018, 02:07 PM) *
fwiw - i was offered $60K cash 3 yrs ago by a well known SoCal collector/dealer who said he wanted send it back to Germany for Historic racing - i countered at $85K - he balked, so i just kept upgrading it

Please don't sell your car that cheap, it should fetch real GT money, not /6 money ...
shades.gif

agree.gif

larryM
sold $67,500 plus buyer fees

- as we often say "can't build it for that"

encouraging - as a collector/dealer friend says "auctions are where the cash is" (- he never bothers with advertising his "classic american iron")

maybe i'll put my '63 MGB racer up to see what happens

watching recent sales, looks like BaT is worth a try

i'll think about my sixer's future after the MG goes away

QUOTE(Lucky9146 @ Feb 13 2018, 08:07 AM) *

Worth a look if you haven't seen it. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1972-porsche-914-6-2/
sixnotfour
The 72 Is So Euro ,,,,,,gone,, good bad or ugly...
porschetub
The market spoke for what I thought was a bit of a hack job car,the wheels were the start of ugly then it went on from there........
larryM
QUOTE(porschetub @ Feb 19 2018, 07:54 PM) *

The market spoke for what I thought was a bit of a hack job........

.... there is no accounting for the vagiaries of human behavior & interests

- i guess that's why it's called "the market"

the range of what we on this and other forums consider correct vs acceptable vs gauche is always entertaining, at best

which is why i hesitate to ever expose myself & my cars to the vitriol of social media should i ever put it up FS on any of those peanut gallery auction sites piratenanner.gif

Click to view attachment
davehg
Horizontally Opposed has the right idea. As is the car is just ugly IMHO but not irreversibly so. A new GT glass hood and the proper front and rear bumpers, plus taking the interior back from the 80s Miami Vice look to something classic, and you have a six figure car. I’d plop the original engine and tranny back in and put the nice 3.2 and 915 into a nice conversion. Two for the price of one original six.
IronHillRestorations
Not a fan of the custom front end, I used to like Chalons and slope nose 914's but not so much anymore. It looks like they did a good job of presenting all the work done, so the buyer is well informed. I'm all in on the running gear, but the custom bodywork is a walk away for me.

At the end of the day, this is good for our values.
sixnotfour
Yrs back a CA blue 914-6 Chalon was deconcoverted back to GT in Europe....oh it had a 4 front clip
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.