My 914
QUOTE(thelogo @ Mar 4 2018, 05:05 PM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Mar 4 2018, 11:17 AM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 28 2018, 12:19 PM) *

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Feb 28 2018, 06:54 AM) *
... "Sorry Kevin, wrong color"

Ain't that the truth ...
biggrin.gif

About to head down the road of stripping my originally gold car that is currently red.
What is a good color?
I am all over the place.

Flared 5 lug, power plant will keep getting bigger until I die.

1) silver with a red Interior
2) modern, in your face HOC metallic gold
3) Black (but rick/Elliott already did that
4) red....
5) some cool pastel color
The most rare 914 color of course
Strawberry

agree.gif

That would look great.
cali914
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Feb 27 2018, 06:36 PM) *

It doesn't look like $225,000.00 to me.

But, what do I know?

agree but anyone can ask all they want. Its wether some poor soul wants it bad enough. agree.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(cali914 @ Mar 4 2018, 03:46 PM) *

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Feb 27 2018, 06:36 PM) *

It doesn't look like $225,000.00 to me.

But, what do I know?

agree but anyone can ask all they want. Its wether some poor soul wants it bad enough. agree.gif

I kind of have a hard time calling someone who can pony up the bucks a 'poor soul'. Not a value judgement I'd be willing to make. shades.gif
My 914
Sometimes there is more meaning in words and phrases than we realize.
pete000
I think the engine build is what brings this cars price so high. The chassis build is super clean and detailed, but many 914-6 GT builds have this as well for a lot less money.

I like the car, but would have done a few things different IMHO...
Fatboy007
blink.gif
falcor75
QUOTE(My 914 @ Mar 4 2018, 11:37 PM) *

QUOTE(thelogo @ Mar 4 2018, 05:05 PM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Mar 4 2018, 11:17 AM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 28 2018, 12:19 PM) *

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Feb 28 2018, 06:54 AM) *
... "Sorry Kevin, wrong color"

Ain't that the truth ...
biggrin.gif

About to head down the road of stripping my originally gold car that is currently red.
What is a good color?
I am all over the place.

Flared 5 lug, power plant will keep getting bigger until I die.

1) silver with a red Interior
2) modern, in your face HOC metallic gold
3) Black (but rick/Elliott already did that
4) red....
5) some cool pastel color
The most rare 914 color of course
Strawberry

agree.gif

That would look great.

Rasberry? rolleyes.gif
rhodyguy
Raspberry.
Unobtanium-inc
Spent $370,000 restoring and building a 914. I don't think that covers the cost of the car, so let's say $400,000 spent.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-car...e-914-6-gt.html

76-914
600 hours labor to make a couple of fiberglass bumpers. I got a call BS unless the check writer was a smoke.gif stoned, rich moron. beerchug.gif
Krieger
DUDE! He only wants 225k for it! That's a huge loss for this poor fella. confused24.gif
Mikey914
WOW.
The "upgrades" are interesting. But for that price the number of buyers it speaks to, will be VERY limited.
second wind
Ok you guys.....quit thinking and start feeling.....how much fun would this car be if you got it for free?? Let's talk car....not money...k? OMG....my car was down for three (3) months and once I got to drive it again the grin on my face was unstoppable...these little guys are just too much fun which is why we get addicted....like heroin....."it felt so good I want to do it more". Why else would we do this? Up to $300 plus K? Like all of us.....pure addiction.....so my point is that there is no point...leave me alone and let me work on my car....(trunk hinge mount replacement for current "project"). Without this addiction what else would I do??
gg
second wind
QUOTE(second wind @ Mar 12 2018, 08:48 PM) *

Ok you guys.....quit thinking and start feeling.....how much fun would this car be if you got it for free?? Let's talk car....not money...k? OMG....my car was down for three (3) months and once I got to drive it again the grin on my face was unstoppable...these little guys are just too much fun which is why we get addicted....like heroin....."it felt so good I want to do it more". Why else would we do this? Up to $300 plus K? Like all of us.....pure addiction.....so my point is that there is no point...leave me alone and let me work on my car....(trunk hinge mount replacement for current "project"). Without this addiction what else would I do??
gg

BTW that looks like a real nice car!! I can't even imagine what driving it would be like?? I still think a 2.0 six in a six is plenty.....everyone else likes 3.2 and above....I guess I would to if I didn't have to pay for it....never been in one so maybe I would drink the cool aid and have to have one.....
gg
r_towle
There is a real speedster for less on Ebay.
and two 911 speedsters also.

rich
Spoke
Beautiful car. Love the orange color. Good work.
cali914
no wheel center caps?
Justinp71
QUOTE(second wind @ Mar 12 2018, 07:48 PM) *

gg

Isn't that the truth... Also driving the 914 just "feels" faster than driving most modern cars... so when you have a fast 914... well that's just a whole nuther story smile.gif

But for $225k, that opens the doors to alot of much higher end cars.
raynekat
This is a seriously fast car.
Much faster than your typical 3.0 or 3.2 transplant.

From the builder: Pro driver Andrew Davis, who recently drove this car, said it was by far the fastest 914-6 he had ever driven, including all the full-on race cars, and he felt confident it would out-accelerate a 991 Cup car to 100 MPH.

That is really hauling some beans there.
All coming out of a 2.8.

Dyno pull for the skeptics....not the numbers (+300hp), but just how fast this engine spools up under load. Pretty amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRRx84vXHwM
HaraPuzo
what a car!
yeah, its expensive, but I'm buying a lottery ticket this week smile.gif
914Sixer
Why ?
rhodyguy
So happy, BIGGLY happy, we get multiple threads and get to discuss the same car over and over. Old news folks.
BENBRO02
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Mar 13 2018, 09:18 AM) *

So happy, BIGGLY happy, we get multiple threads and get to discuss the same car over and over. Old news folks.

You can change the channel if you've seen it before and are not interested.
SirAndy
QUOTE(BENBRO02 @ Mar 13 2018, 10:38 AM) *

Or, i can simply merge the threads ...
rolleyes.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 13 2018, 09:59 AM) *

QUOTE(BENBRO02 @ Mar 13 2018, 10:38 AM) *

Or, i can simply merge the threads ...
rolleyes.gif

Don't you have important things to do...like bathroom remodeling or something...maybe install a new silverware divider?
SirAndy
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Mar 13 2018, 11:10 AM) *
Don't you have important things to do...like bathroom remodeling or something...maybe install a new silverware divider?

I'm at work, so no, nothing more important to do ...
biggrin.gif
rhodyguy
I could, but I prefer THIS thread. Looks like it done got fixed good. REAL GOOD!
My 914
Or, as mentioned in a previous post, a "poor soul".
My 914
Sorry, I was responding to post #60.
EdwardBlume
I can't add anything more to this thread....

but I'll try...

Man that's an expensive 914-6. I wonder if its faster than a GT3? The price is about the same....
My 914
For about the same amount of money, you could also buy a brand new nicely equipped 911 turbo.
second wind
Ever notice how guys can't stop talking about a pretty girl they saw?? Is it just me or is this the same lust....??
gg
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(second wind @ Mar 13 2018, 10:11 PM) *

Ever notice how guys can't stop talking about a pretty girl they saw?? Is it just me or is this the same lust....??
gg

Girls? Where?
My 914
Is it the car or the price? I wonder if this car would get the same attention if it was 85K.
Mueller
QUOTE(My 914 @ Mar 14 2018, 06:30 AM) *

Is it the car or the price? I wonder if this car would get the same attention if it was 85K.

I agree, it would be talked about at that price (and possibly sold) but not warrant so many threads.
SirAndy
QUOTE(second wind @ Mar 13 2018, 10:11 PM) *

gg

No, it's just you ...
shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.