Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Passenger side rear wheel angle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rockland914
I am about to start restoration, phase 1 will be longitudinal repairs on both sides. The rear passenger wheel sits a little crocked, anything I should look for?
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
PlaysWithCars
Rear suspension console rust and/or cracks. The canted wheel is a typical symptom of problems in this area.

This thread has a lot of information: Suspension Console
Luke M
If your 914 was ever driven on these salty NY roads, then it may look like the ones I've owned in the past. Look at the rear inner suspension console then along the inner/outer longs/hell hole. Best of luck and report back.
injunmort
first welcome. how does the door close on that side? how are the gaps? looks like the console/long could have separated and sagged. i see you are local. there is a very good group of local enthusiasts. if interested, i am hosting a tech/bbq on april 21. good group of 914ers, all would be happy to help and give direction. also i have one up on a rotissere now having done these repairs. you can see firsthand what is involved and what to look for.
mepstein
QUOTE(plays with cars @ Mar 4 2018, 02:16 PM) *

Rear suspension console rust and/or cracks. The canted wheel is a typical symptom of problems in this area.

This thread has a lot of information: Suspension Console

agree.gif when it rains, battery acid is washed down through the hellhole and into the longs, engine and suspension mounts. The suspension consoles (inner and outer) rust from the inside out. It’s a pretty major repair to fix.
Rockland914
QUOTE(injunmort @ Mar 4 2018, 02:22 PM) *

first welcome. how does the door close on that side? how are the gaps? looks like the console/long could have separated and sagged. i see you are local. there is a very good group of local enthusiasts. if interested, i am hosting a tech/bbq on april 21. good group of 914ers, all would be happy to help and give direction. also i have one up on a rotissere now having done these repairs. you can see firsthand what is involved and what to look for.

Door do not close well, car is sagging. I have braces ready from another member. They are the foot well weld in design so that you can keep the doors in while you do the repair. I am building a frame dolly to support the car during the repair.
Luke M
QUOTE(Rockland914 @ Mar 4 2018, 12:54 PM) *

QUOTE(injunmort @ Mar 4 2018, 02:22 PM) *

Door do not close well, car is sagging. I have braces ready from another member. They are the foot well weld in design so that you can keep the doors in while you do the repair. I am building a frame dolly to support the car during the repair.

If you haven't purchased new metal yet, you may need this... sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=324834
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.