Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tranny Coming Out Party - Puget Sound Style
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
KELTY360
Great turnout, thanks to all! James(jcambo) was the man; he jumped in and kind of took over. Nothing like having an aircraft crew chief taking stuff apart. biggrin.gif Nice 914 representation with a real-6, /6 conversion and a -4 in the parking lot...not to mention a white /6 donor car.

Good to meet Mark(plays with cars) and catch up with others I haven't seen for awhile. We'll have to do it again soon.

I'll post a couple of pics when I get problems with my photo software figured out. (anybody using the Mac Photo program? PM me for a tutorial).

Lastly, I've discovered a leaking pushrod tube that makes me wish I'd gone through with the original plan of pulling engine/trans as a unit. Live and learn.
rhodyguy
The hard way biggrin.gif
The party was long over by the time I arrived, but I did at least get to meet Marc and see what the car looks like with no transaxle.

Afterward, stowed the roof in the trunk for the drive home. That was the last time I was able to open the trunk until a few minutes ago.
KELTY360
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Mar 12 2018, 12:35 PM) *

The hard way biggrin.gif

Wait...what?...there's another way??? headbang.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Mar 12 2018, 02:05 PM) *

Great turnout, thanks to all! James(jcambo) was the man; he jumped in and kind of took over. Nothing like having an aircraft crew chief taking stuff apart. biggrin.gif Nice 914 representation with a real-6, /6 conversion and a -4 in the parking lot...not to mention a white /6 donor car.

Good to meet Mark(plays with cars) and catch up with others I haven't seen for awhile. We'll have to do it again soon.

I'll post a couple of pics when I get problems with my photo software figured out. (anybody using the Mac Photo program? PM me for a tutorial).

Lastly, I've discovered a leaking pushrod tube that makes me wish I'd gone through with the original plan of pulling engine/trans as a unit. Live and learn.

So another get together in a couple weeks to pull the engine...? smash.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Mar 12 2018, 03:00 PM) *

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Mar 12 2018, 02:05 PM) *

So another get together in a couple weeks to pull the engine...? smash.gif

I'm going to try to get it out myself, but maybe another get together to put it back in.
KELTY360
Finally made some progress with my Photo software. Here's a few pics from yesterday:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Happy birthday Rocky! Does he look older?
Click to view attachment
Rocky
Let me put it this way, I was 15 when my car was manufactured. So yes, I look and many times feel old but in my mind I still think like a 15 year old.

Maturity is overrated! piratenanner.gif

Thanks for hosting us all Marc! Great to see everyone!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.