Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Well for those who didn't believe in me
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Bleyseng
Its about becoming a "doer" instead of a "why me". Get your butt movin....

I learned this myself at your age and my son learned it the hard way too. He built a turbo RX7 that people said couldn't be built and then had it stolen before he was ever able to really drive it. 10K said bye bye...

I don't see why you can't have a helicoil thread insert installed on the 2.0l head. Fix those exhaust leaks before they totally ruin the heads btw

clap.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Jun 4 2005, 08:19 AM)
Britt,
You have the best opportunity to learn something useful here. Your 914 can teach you about cars, and life. If you really want to continue to drive a 914, you are going to HAVE to be able to work on it. But you are lucky. You have the best support system in the world in this board. There are thousands of collective years of experience here, and everyone will help you out.

Let us know. We are all here to help.

agree.gif

I don't think anyone here did not belive in you, we all know you can do this... and we are ALL here to help, now, quit yer whining and get your ass out in the fuckin' garage and learn something! smile.gif

I'll spell it out, there isn't one of us who hasn't thought "I can't do it. it's too much for me" at some time or another, but like all things in life, we push through that, (with help from friends) and we learn the things we need to learn... some lessons are easy, some are hard...

these cars are an addiction and a passion
merrill
Britt,
take all the talk with a grain of salt. We all want to see you in a 914, not a rice burner. Your gut is telling you which way to, go there. If you listen to your inner voice, and then all the voices here, you'll get it more than right.
good luck.
bd1308
my gut tells me I am going to have a engine-drop party....i now have a 3 cylinder 914.... laugh.gif but tonight and tomorrow......it's gonna be great!
JerryP
Hey Britt,

Gotta love when guys tell you that you're whining...and then follow it with their own sob stories. Maybe you are a little but you'll figure it out. As you accept what you have to do, lean on the guys telling you that you can do it and the ones offering real technical information on how to go about it. I wish I could help you myself but I haven't had any problems like yours yet and I wouldn't want to give you bad info.

If there must be a boring lesson on life here, it would be that there will always be a few guys who enjoy kicking you when you're down instead of helping you improve your situation. Even more pathetic is that some people will lie in wait for it. Just smile at 'em, take your lumps and move on.

The kid just needs you to help him fix his stinkin' car, not direct his journey into adulthood. If he doesn't listen, his car doesn't get fixed. Cut him some slack. You may need him to give you a job someday.
redshift
rolleyes.gif

I was a hard headed, numbskill, at some point, today is a new day... I have yet another chance at it all. Britt asks alot of questions.... sometimes, he doesn't hear the answers, until he sees an example.. :explodingmotorsmiley: ohmy.gif

It's going to be ok. I lived, and more than 2 decades later, I am still driving a 1970's cheerleader mobile.

driving-girl.gif

Gimme' an F!

F!!!

Gimme' a U!

U!!!

Gimme' a..

how do you spell Fullbricht?

M
scotty b
Hey Miles, You remember that whole episode with you and the clown pics a few months ago?? Well yopu got your revenge with that damn baby! That fuchin thing wigs me out to bad I'm leavin.......

GOTCHA BITCH!!!!! mueba.gif
redshift
ohmy.gif

chowtime.gif stromberg.gif, dood!
scotty b
Can't we all just get along? drunk.gif

chowtime.gif stromberg.gif sheeplove.gif bootyshake.gif pirate.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.