Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New 2.0 Rocker options
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
I have been waiting to show these stock 2.0 rockers off. They have been machined and set up for the 10mm Thorston swivel feet. Swivel foot has a 4mm allen head to hold shaft. The rocker arm assemblies are not quite ready to reveal just yet. The rockers were just thrown on the shaft for picture purposes.

Machinest says these will work on stock camshaft and use stock pushrods.
Krieger
Absolutely love the alien heads!
JOEPROPER
was the width of the rocker machined down where the adjuster goes thru? How much?
ChrisFoley
That's really nice Mark!
jd74914
Those do look really nice!

Where did you get the allen swivel feet from? They look so much better than the normal flat head adjust.
DRPHIL914
I am pulling mine to do the new push rods and seals it would be the right time to get these, - how much/??
914Sixer
Prices and availability have not been worked out yet.
rhodyguy
What the story behind the solid, new looking, spacer in between the arms? This makes reworking 1.7 rockers redundant?
gothspeed
I really like the countersink modification on the swivel side. However because of the swivel foot clearance achieved by the countersink, it seems the threaded end of the rocker does not need as much material removed. The un-removed material will make the threaded end a tad stronger.

I am glad I kept all my 2.0 rockers now. When will these 10mm adjusters become available? Will 2.0 rockers need to be submitted for modification or exchange or ?
914Sixer
Spacers are from the Type 4 Store. Adding preview of spacer modification.
Phoenix914
914Sixer, did you ever report on how the 10mm adjusters worked out? Did the machine work to the rocker arms provide the clearance needed? Did you have to add shims? I need to make a decision on whether to buy these 10mm adjusters or pick up a set of 1.7l rockers for my build and would like to know how these worked out for you.

Thanks!
nditiz1
QUOTE(Phoenix914 @ Jul 21 2020, 10:56 AM) *

914Sixer, did you ever report on how the 10mm adjusters worked out? Did the machine work to the rocker arms provide the clearance needed? Did you have to add shims? I need to make a decision on whether to buy these 10mm adjusters or pick up a set of 1.7l rockers for my build and would like to know how these worked out for you.

Thanks!

Mark and I used the same setup. You can check my 2056 build thread. I didnt need to add shims when setting the rocker geometry. If you go with the 1.7 rockers you'll also need the 911 adjusters. So you are in a sense maching the 2.0 rockers and buying thorsten adjusters or buying 1.7 rockers and 911 swivels. I think it was around $180 after all was said and done for the 2.0 route.
Phoenix914
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Jul 21 2020, 02:26 PM) *

Mark and I used the same setup. You can check my 2056 build thread. I didnt need to add shims when setting the rocker geometry. If you go with the 1.7 rockers you'll also need the 911 adjusters. So you are in a sense maching the 2.0 rockers and buying thorsten adjusters or buying 1.7 rockers and 911 swivels. I think it was around $180 after all was said and done for the 2.0 route.

Thanks, I'll look at your build. I am rebuilding a 2056 and can use all the examples I can find. Did you buy the adjusters directly from Thorston or source them domestically? The pictures on their website show a slotted end rather than hex. How did yours come?
nditiz1
QUOTE(Phoenix914 @ Jul 21 2020, 11:36 AM) *

QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Jul 21 2020, 02:26 PM) *

Thanks, I'll look at your build. I am rebuilding a 2056 and can use all the examples I can find. Did you buy the adjusters directly from Thorston or source them domestically? The pictures on their website show a slotted end rather than hex. How did yours come?

I think mine were hex. I bought them direct since the guy on the samba machining my rockers was out of stock. Even if they changed them to slots they will still work just as good.
bbrock
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Jul 21 2020, 12:26 PM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix914 @ Jul 21 2020, 10:56 AM) *

Thanks!

I don't know how available they are, but Thorsten makes both M8 and M10 adjusters so you should be able to get them for either rocker type. http://tp-technologie.com/produkte%20venti...ellsch%20en.htm
914Sixer
Had several request for information about machine work for 2.0 L swivel rockers, spacers and shims. He is the guy on theSamba.com that did my work. He sells all the stuff you need to do conversion and the machine work.

Click to open
IronHillRestorations
I have a set of NOS rocker shafts to go with those biggrin.gif
Maury4
He did mine on 2270 type 4 store. Great service with fast turn-around.

Rick Maury
iankarr
Thanks!

direct link to the page:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/det....php?id=2060099
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.