Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Let's see your ideas on gauges for your 914/6 conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tdskip
Modified center gauges?

Center console?

Heads-up display?

Synaptic wiring?

What have you done that is functional and attractive?

mepstein
John’s triple gauge kit that Timmothy assembled and added led’s. Can’t speak highly enough of Timmothy’s work.

He’s actually made me 3 sets so far and always donates a set to Octeenerfest.
smilie_pokal.gif
Tdskip
Very tidy.

My guess is that any later combo Gage up to 1989 would work, right?

Oh, good morning by the way and thank you for the response.
JmuRiz
I'm doing the same setup as mepstein's

Anything pre 3.2 should work. If you have a 3.2 or 3.6 make sure to use that engine's tach.

But be warned that you need to have matching gauge and sensor for the temp/pressure gauges. Sometimes if they are mis-matched they won't give an accurate reading.

I have the tach that came with my engine, but not sure how to swap the silver button needle with the black one on the tach. I have a tach-adapt I can use if I can't figure it out.
defianty
Here's my setup. The second picture shows my new Tacho.
IPB Image

IPB Image

Tdskip
Thank you gentlemen. Nice work.

So as long as a source a 3.2 combination gauge and use OEM Sanders on the 3.2 engine I should be OK, right?
raynekat
911 multi gauge and put the fuel level in with the tach

Click to view attachment
JOEPROPER
Click to view attachment
This is in a car that's on EBAY right now. Does anyone know who custom makes this?
Or is it a factory gauge from another 911? The car is a 6 conversion.
mepstein
QUOTE(JOEPROPER @ Mar 9 2018, 02:04 PM) *

Click to view attachment
This is in a car that's on EBAY right now. Does anyone know who custom makes this?

NHS and Palo Alto can make those gauges.
It’s not factory.
Tdskip
Interesting
mepstein
I was mistaken when I once said you need to use a 3.2 tach with a 3.2 engine. An early tach will work fine and not damage the brain.
RickS
QUOTE(JOEPROPER @ Mar 9 2018, 11:04 AM) *

Click to view attachment
Or is it a factory gauge from another 911? The car is a 6 conversion.

I have that gauge in my six. It is no longer made by the original company. but can be done by the vendors listed above.
RickS
QUOTE(defianty @ Mar 9 2018, 08:25 AM) *

Here's my setup. The second picture shows my new Tacho.
IPB Image

IPB Image

You can get a numeric oil temp overlay which I have added to my 911. It is first rate
http://newvintageusallc.mybigcommerce.com/...odule-overlays/
burton73
A nice element to having a 911 was having the Oil tank level gauge.
For guys doing 6 conversations it is nice to have if you have sensors in your oil tank.

It is not super accurate but if you had a leak it would show a low tank if you look at it when not moving. They move all around and to get a good idea of the amount on the dipstick, stop and be on level ground. I have been with friends on the road and they have said they where a quart or 2 low just by reading their gauge. You get a feeling for it.
I have one in my 6 from PO.

Bob B
Click to view attachment
Larmo63
Stock 914-6 dual gauge & tach, with kilometer speedo. GT style Oil temperature over yonder. Click to view attachment
GeorgeRud
I used the ashtray dash position to install a fuel and voltage gauge on my conversion along with stock 911 tach, speedo, and combo gauge.Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
If you're looking into non-analog, try the Haltech, seat belt warning is mandatory driving.gif
Click to view attachment
patssle
911 temp/pressure gauge in place of gas gauge on dash....then this.

Click to view attachment

Tdskip
Thanks for all of the ideas
scallyk9
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 9 2018, 11:48 AM) *

I was mistaken when I once said you need to use a 3.2 tach with a 3.2 engine. An early tach will work fine and not damage the brain.

About two months ago when I ordered a Wong chip for my '87 3.2 w/Motronic motor, he asked me which tach I had and warned about using an early one. He didn't how early though and he didn't explain the potential problem with doing so. Since I already have a same year stock tachometer from a Carrera, I didn't ask. I don't understand the issue.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.