Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bay Area Guys & Gals: anyone interested
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
SirAndy
QUOTE (Scott Carlberg @ Jun 10 2005, 09:26 AM)
some of the large VW clubs would be interested in using the space too.

well, i have 5 people (including me) that have expressed firm interest in sharing the space and pay a monthly share (right now, that would be $200 each) ...

renting out on a per hour base *only* works if we have the basic rent covered. we can't bank on enough per hour interest to pay the monthly.

i'll need a commitment from all that are seriously interested within the next 2 weeks so we can go forward with this.

i'll be at the shop today, in about 2 hours or so. if you want to stop by and have a look at the space.

Scott, the place has only enough space for 3 cars at the time. i don't think getting another car club involved is the right answer ...
wink.gif Andy

PS: it's right next to HPH, just pass HPH and there's a parking lot to the left ...
Scott Carlberg
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Jun 10 2005, 08:47 AM)
Scott, the place has only enough space for 3 cars at the time. i don't think getting another car club involved is the right answer ...
wink.gif Andy

PS: it's right next to HPH, just pass HPH and there's a parking lot to the left ...

Oh,
I was under the impression that you guys were leaning towards a space in Pleasanton.

sorry 'bout that.
Jakester
Just went and checked out the shop. The potential there is GREAT. It will, as Andy said, require a couple of weekends of cleanup, but there is a ton of storage space with shelving (overhead and along the walls), boxes for parts (some with parts in them) room for a lift and machine tools and three cars. Looks like the compressor might be staying, but if not, I can provide my 60 gallon, 3 hp upright which could get us by.

Andy says he has 5 people in - one or two more would make the payments even lower.

I'm DEFINATELY in...

Can't wait to start the rustoration biggrin.gif
SirAndy
yupp, it's time to have a "shop meeting" with all the parties involved ...

i'll email each of you individually ...
smash.gif Andy
SirAndy
PM and Email went out to all interested parties ...

smilie_pokal.gif Andy
nocones
Well Redwood city is a bit of a trek for me so I don't know how often I could use the shop. If you can get another renter or two and bring the cost down a little then I'd be interested in supplementing the rent for those times I can get down there on a weekend. Besides, it'd be nice to have a real space to work in along with other 914-geeks. A chance to further tap the communal brain trust.

There will of course be a shop computer with access to 914world.com, right? type.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (nocones @ Jun 20 2005, 01:19 PM)
There will of course be a shop computer with access to 914world.com, right? type.gif

yes! type.gif
Jakester
PM sent to you, Sir andy. I am still totally in.
cooltimes
Seems to me there are enough teeners interested to have shop space at 2 locations.

Cooltimes
Lyressa Roberts
I'm willing to pay someone there to do things to my car when I need it done (note I said "someone", not me happy11.gif ).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.