Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jack point repair on 72
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
The car I bought in the desert is about as rust free as I've ever seen in the unrestored world. But the jack points were missing. Someone had bondo'ed over them and painted. I was scared as to what I would find, but dug into them. I found that heating it with a torch and pulling out with a screw driver worked well. I had hoped that as both were removed, it was not rust that caused them to be removed. This is what I found.
Mikey914
Looked mostly like surface rust, I had hoped that someone dorked up the jack point and decided to remove so that they would look the same, I think that's what happened as they looked good.
Mikey914
Took it to Cary and he got me squared away pretty quickly.

Just got the pics in
cary
Left side, start to finish.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Find the sweet spot to match up with rocker cover. As a final detail I line the rivet holes up so they don't have to be re-drilled.
I also trim the tube so that 7mm is outside the rocker panel.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Note : I do drill the drain holes on my cars. But not customer cars unless asked.
n2j2ryan
Those look awesome. Great work. Makes me feel bad for deleting mine, but then again I live on an Island in the middle of a rain forest!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.