Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Arizona 1973 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
When I moved from Arizona to Seattle decades ago, someone told me my 1973 914 would just rust away up here. So I practically gave it away.

So sad. To have this car now....

On the other hand, I was lucky to have it on the desert mountain roads back then.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
MarkV
Wasn't Southwest Savings the bank the was taken over by the federal government over some scandal back in the late 1980's

I had a black 74 1.8 back then. It was a nice car but I sure don't miss it. In the summer time is was so hot inside it was miserable...could only really drive it at night.

Where in AZ were you?

driving-girl.gif
QUOTE(MarkV @ Mar 15 2018, 09:30 PM) *

Wasn't Southwest Savings the bank the was taken over by the federal government over some scandal back in the late 1980's

I had a black 74 1.8 back then. It was a nice car but I sure don't miss it. In the summer time is was so hot inside it was miserable...could only really drive it at night.

Where in AZ were you?

driving-girl.gif

Yes, that's when banking scandals were a lot smaller than nowadays I guess. That photo would have been something like N 35th Ave & W Glendale Ave during my very long commute between Tempe and North Phoenix. Lots of miles, mountain roads, speeding tickets, and good times back then. I don't know if there's any point in having a 914 where I live now.

Wayyy too hot during the day. Now when I visit I try to rent light colored cars. Hard to imagine driving a black car there.
Coondog
My 914 got lucky. The original owner purchased it in Seattle then moved to Phoenix 6 months later. Thankfully that move more then likely saved it from the scrap yard.... smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.