Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Trunk area needs assistance please
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BPic
Started gutting for my rebuild and found a couple of areas needing new metal. I can fabricate if needed but if these are available somewhere I would prefer to just buy them, preferably new. In the photo the highlighted area that hold the seal for the front trunk and, also highlighted and circled in red the area that mounts the front hood release. I have a feeling this is the second hell hole on the car based on where it is welding is gonna be an issue. Click to view attachment
IronHillRestorations
The cowl was available as a factory part, and it may be possible to find an NO$ piece for that but doubtful. No one is making reproductions of that area at this time
Mikey914
Ive made Cary the channel marerial for the front trunk. Just needed some feed back, but as bent oieces these will be inexpensive.
Bobco
Mark. I could use a piece of the channel if your making it.Let me know what length it comes in.Thanks Bobco
914werke
HERE you go.
A little rough but good for patching, & priced reasonably. smile.gif
BPic
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 17 2018, 05:47 PM) *

Ive made Cary the channel marerial for the front trunk. Just needed some feed back, but as bent oieces these will be inexpensive.

Mikey914, I am definitely interested. What kind of feed back do you need? I could use the bent piece in the photo and another 18 inches of straight to patch some other areas.
cary
BPic he's waiting for me to get back to working on Taylor's car and use the pieces on Taylor's trunk channels.
Based on my schedule for the next 6-8 weeks I won't be back on Taylor's car till May.
Here's what Mark's had created.
Click to view attachment
It was created primarily for the channels around the headlight buckets.

If I were you I'd snag that piece Rich has offered up. If you don't take it I probably will take. Most cars have the issue your seeing in that left upper front trunk channel corner. The way they layered it it leaves a pocket under the old foam seal. As does the piece Rich offered.

The channel corner I repaired on Doug's car somewhere close to the end.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...=2&t=249327

The trunk pull pocket is a real tough repair. I think I did it on one of Mark's car. Can't find it at the moment. I'll keep looking.
That's a real tough place to work.
cary
I stand corrected. Its on my own project car.
Starts about here.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=2300708
cary
The answer to your basic question. Sunset Porsche shows both #1 and #2, NLA.
Click to view attachment

bbrock
QUOTE(cary @ Mar 17 2018, 07:31 PM) *

The trunk pull pocket is a real tough repair. I think I did it on one of Mark's car. Can't find it at the moment. I'll keep looking.

I think that was the toughest repair I made on my car, and that was with the floor completely removed. Here's about where my saga begins: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=2563442

I could use a couple pieces of the channel too, but I'm going to try to check it off my list in within a month so won't be able to wait. sad.gif
cary
I don't want hold anyone up. I sure Mark can ship what he has made up already.
But they are straight pieces. One would need a shrinker stretcher to create the correct shape. IMO.
76-914
QUOTE(cary @ Mar 17 2018, 06:31 PM) *

BPic he's waiting for me to get back to working on Taylor's car and use the pieces on Taylor's trunk channels.
Based on my schedule for the next 6-8 weeks I won't be back on Taylor's car till May.
Click to view attachment

If I were you I'd snag that piece Rich has offered up. If you don't take it I probably will take. Most cars have the issue your seeing in that left upper front trunk channel corner. The way they layered it it leaves a pocket under the old foam seal. As does the piece Rich offered.

Shiny! What kind of material are those channels made from? Aluma-steel, galvanized or plain clean steel?
mb911
QUOTE(76-914 @ Mar 18 2018, 06:18 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Shiny! What kind of material are those channels made from? Aluma-steel, galvanized or plain clean steel?

Looks like cold rold to me..
cary
QUOTE(mb911 @ Mar 18 2018, 07:34 AM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Mar 18 2018, 06:18 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Looks like cold rold to me..

That would be my guess ............................... it's steel
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.