Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How about an Orange County transmission tech day?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
914_teener
QUOTE(yeahmag @ Apr 18 2018, 09:31 AM) *

Want me to reach out to Sierra Madre Collection here in SoCal (Eagle Rock)? They have a new facility and it may be good PR for them.

Let me know Aaron.......I can offer my RV lot.......with no rv and BBQ.

Surprised the OC guys are MIA.

Let me know of no one else speaks up. Think the wife is in St.Louis late May but I.ll check.

You could fly into ONT Doc.
yeahmag
Will do. I just dropped Jorge and email.

-Aaron
Dr Evil
Basically, we need a 2'x2' area for each builder. Simple as that. Best to have some cover, but by no means does it have to be a large shop.
Boomingbeetle
Wish I could help, but I can only afford a small apartment in OC and I keep two separate garages in SoCal for my car stuff!
gothspeed
How many peeps and gear boxes are expected to show up so far?

Who is bringing replacement parts to sell?

Are we going to be working on the floor?

What about donuts and coffee?
yeahmag
SMC is interested:

“Hi Aaron,

Thank you for your business and for your comments.

We are definitely interested in hosting the clinic and assisting the 914word.com community in any way we can. I'll have Jenna reach out to you tomorrow to work out the details.

I look forward meeting you soon.”

More to come soon.

-Aaron
Dr Evil
QUOTE(gothspeed @ Apr 18 2018, 08:33 PM) *

Don't know, but I expect we max out at 20

That would be me. If I cant sell replacement parts, I would have to charge more for he class to cover cost/time. Look in my sig below for links to some of the past clinics I have done and how they have been run.

No. That's not how we do it. Tables will be needed and people often supply their own or the host has some as well.

Depending on my resources, yup.

Dr Evil
QUOTE(yeahmag @ Apr 18 2018, 08:45 PM) *

SMC is interested:

“Hi Aaron,

Thank you for your business and for your comments.

We are definitely interested in hosting the clinic and assisting the 914word.com community in any way we can. I'll have Jenna reach out to you tomorrow to work out the details.

I look forward meeting you soon.”

More to come soon.

-Aaron

Cool man. Looking forward to seeing whats going on. Also, they may be able to get some new parts for us at volume discount. If they can beat my suppliers, it will be a win win.
Tdskip
Thank you Aaron
PlantMan
I would be interested in coming as well.
Not sure about my trans but I am willing to take it apart for kicks.

I maybe able to get warehouse space from my client if we need a place to work.
Warehouse is located at the Great Park in Irvine......
gothspeed
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Apr 19 2018, 07:17 AM) *

QUOTE(gothspeed @ Apr 18 2018, 08:33 PM) *

Don't know, but I expect we max out at 20

That would be me. If I cant sell replacement parts, I would have to charge more for he class to cover cost/time. Look in my sig below for links to some of the past clinics I have done and how they have been run.

No. That's not how we do it. Tables will be needed and people often supply their own or the host has some as well.

Depending on my resources, yup.

All this is looking good so far! smile.gif
Tdskip
QUOTE(PlantMan @ Apr 19 2018, 10:26 AM) *

I would be interested in coming as well.
Not sure about my trans but I am willing to take it apart for kicks.

I maybe able to get warehouse space from my client if we need a place to work.
Warehouse is located at the Great Park in Irvine......

That would also be a great location, might be closer for most
forrestkhaag
I am currently on the Rt66 drive and have totally lost fourth gear. Real fun going uphill behind a semi at45 in third...... I am all in if space allows. I will have the box out and apart for inspection and diagnosis....

Forrest
PlantMan
I will see if I can work it out with the owner.
Should know in the next week or so....
yeahmag
Hang on guys... If I'm going to bother Sierra Madre Collection with this, I don't want to say, "Never mind... We found another spot." That would be completely unprofessional.

Now, if this is a "Plan B" kind of thing, sure, but this is a real vendor with a good location and facility. I've already spoken with Dr. Evil about this location so we need to know *NOW* if this location won't work for the group (as it works for him). I'm scheduled to talk details with them soon.
PlantMan
Great Park option is a backup.
yeahmag
thumb3d.gif
gothspeed
QUOTE(yeahmag @ Apr 19 2018, 02:26 PM) *

Hang on guys... If I'm going to bother Sierra Madre Collection with this, I don't want to say, "Never mind... We found another spot." That would be completely unprofessional.

Now, if this is a "Plan B" kind of thing, sure, but this is a real vendor with a good location and facility. I've already spoken with Dr. Evil about this location so we need to know *NOW* if this location won't work for the group (as it works for him). I'm scheduled to talk details with them soon.

+1 ..... agree.gif! Especially if Sierra Madre Collection will have some parts to sell in addition to Dr Evil parts beerchug.gif
Dr Evil
happy11.gif

Thanks for the foot work, Aaron!
yeahmag
We are pretty much good to go. I’ve had two discussions with them and we are just hashing out details like dates, food trucks, and booze. This should be fun for everyone!
Dr Evil
QUOTE(yeahmag @ Apr 20 2018, 11:43 AM) *

We are pretty much good to go. I’ve had two discussions with them and we are just hashing out details like dates, food trucks, and booze. This should be fun for everyone!

NICE! I didn't think about food trucks and had figured booze was a no-go. Nice. Getting pumped.
PlantMan
Don't forget Dr. This is California! We can bring-in the best Snoop Dogg grade hashish too....and it is all legal!!!!
Dr Evil
QUOTE(PlantMan @ Apr 20 2018, 03:07 PM) *

Don't forget Dr. This is California! We can bring-in the best Snoop Dogg grade hashish too....and it is all legal!!!!

LOL, things have changed since I moved away. I never liked weed, not my thing. Also, I would basically be useless at the clinic.

Group: Doc!

Me: Huh?

Group; Doc!!

Me: So hungry....drool
mtndawg
Checking in on the status of further details...
yeahmag
I’m meeting with SMC this week to iron out the details.
Dr Evil
Yup, just waiting on the particulars to book my flight and request time off.
Dr Evil
Screw it, preemptively requested the time off. I need a vacation either way.
Boomingbeetle
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Apr 24 2018, 08:13 AM) *

Wait, did I miss something? Has the date been set? I'd also like to make my time off request. More importantly, I'm also waiting to set the date of my honeymoon until this is firm. Don't tell my new wife... happy11.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Boomingbeetle @ Apr 24 2018, 01:27 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Apr 24 2018, 08:13 AM) *

Wait, did I miss something? Has the date been set? I'd also like to make my time off request. More importantly, I'm also waiting to set the date of my honeymoon until this is firm. Don't tell my new wife... happy11.gif

Ya, we have always been tentatively planning the last weekend in May, 26-27, and from 9a-5p both days. Unlike last times I did this, we will not be able to do multiple builds per person. I am used to working until 10p-12a on sat, so we will have to adjust smile.gif
Dr Evil
Specific thread started for this event http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=328133
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.