Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alternative A/C
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
D1A3
I'm familiar with the factory DPD/VPC setups and also those from ICEAC and Vintage. The question I have is if anyone has put A/C into their car without cutting the floor out of their front trunk? Basically, is there a way I can get A/C into my car without cutting out major sheetmetal?

Thanks,
Jason
messix
bungee cord it to the bumper?
Dr Evil
Not sure, but the most modern kit is made by a shop in TX...If I find more info I will post it, if not someone will say something.

Bump icon_bump.gif
914GT
Jason, basically your options are limited on these cars on where to locate a condensor. Up front is the best place to get the coolest airflow and I don't know of anyway to mount it effectively without cutting holes in the trunk. The rear wheel wells might work but air circulation would be a lot worse and the condensor exposed to debris flying off the tires, unless you could shield it somehow. The rear trunk means cutting holes again, and it's a hot location close to the engine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.