Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's Green and it's SHINEY
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
jimtab
Well, I got the car back from the boys in TJ. I love how it looks, Mike(Dr Evil) did a great job shepherding it thru the process for me. What a great resource for everyone in the club. The whole thing body, paint and interior was less than 2500.00 about a third or less than in the bay area. It may not be perfect but it's pretty damned good....I'm glad I didn't decide to paint the rockers and valences in yellow, but it was close to happening. BUT. as I've always bragged up the reliability....I had to borrow a shift console from Mike to get the car home, mine sort of...desintigrated...the glue failed, all better now tho....THANKS AGAIN MIKE!
jimtab
MORE
jimtab
again
redshift
Damn man! I wish I could drop mine off!

Like the color.

M
jimtab
definately gonna need a # next wcc...
Aaron Cox
jim - i hate you!

way to go!!! looks bitchin! howd the qtr panel come out?
jimtab
OK last one
jimtab
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jun 5 2005, 07:57 PM)
jim - i hate you!

way to go!!! looks bitchin! howd the qtr panel come out?

Like it was always straight, and the other "noogies" all went away too....
jimtab
QUOTE (redshift @ Jun 5 2005, 07:56 PM)
Damn man! I wish I could drop mine off!

Like the color.

M

Thanks, its the original Zambezi green...
nebreitling
WTF Jim? your car has now lost all its character... hell, i could go as far as saying it's 'beautiful'... mad.gif

you're just another pretty face, now.
jimtab
Did you like the "artsy" pics where I tried to show the oil "consumer" near the "oil sources"? WOW, watch out Andy Worhol, Brer, watch your 6....NOT>
Brent
I love the green "sail panels", roof, rockers, and valances. Way to keep the sail panel chrome too. I plan to do the same, but have panel and roof gloss black, keeping the chrome.
skline
Hey jim that looks great! You should have stopped by on your way back so I could check it out. It looks fantastic.

neo914-6
Brasilia looks great! smilie_pokal.gif
JeffBowlsby
Nice Jim bob.....

This is the artzy foto I like...it looks like a cable from the 'crane' is gonna pick that bad boy of the ground... biggrin.gif

Dr Evil
Jim,
You are soo very welcome. I was glad to help and to be a part of this. I know how much you love your car. Your car gives me hope that mine will look and drive as nice.

smilie_pokal.gif
jimtab
QUOTE (Brent @ Jun 5 2005, 08:02 PM)
I love the green "sail panels", roof, rockers, and valances. Way to keep the sail panel chrome too. I plan to do the same, but have panel and roof gloss black, keeping the chrome.

Actually....I had intended to delete the "chrome" from the sail panels but I didn't tell Mike in time...but, I like the way it turned out, big time....
jimtab
QUOTE (skline @ Jun 5 2005, 08:02 PM)
Hey jim that looks great! You should have stopped by on your way back so I could check it out. It looks fantastic.

Wish I could have but my sweetie wanted to get to SLO for a massage and a meal at MO's BBQ....not the worst idea she's ever had..maybe next time.
eeyore
I saw this car over at Mike's on Thursday.

As nice as it looks in the pictures, it's better in person. boldblue.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE (jimtab @ Jun 5 2005, 08:49 PM)
Wish I could have but my sweetie wanted to get to SLO for a massage and a meal at MO's BBQ....not the worst idea she's ever had..maybe next time.

I'll have a rack of ribs and a deep tissue massage... laugh.gif
Jeroen
darn... that's nice!
is that the same car you brought to the WCC 2004?
meares
that does look good!!!! and i'm not a big green fan....i think the sails do it for me smilie_pokal.gif
rhodyguy
looks swell jim!! glad you found a dirt road to drive down with the new paint job huh.gif . $2.5k, value pricing to be sure. i wish los ponchos wasn't 1k miles away from tacoma.

k
Dr. Roger
So they obviously hung onto it for a while. How long did it take? Total time?

Would it be possible to go on an extended vacation down to Baja, while their doing the paint? confused24.gif
brer
dang jim and you didn't call me while you were here in SD?
???

I thought you were going to buy me a beer. smile.gif
greenie
Hey Jim,

You're killing me, car looks great . I really like the body color valances. My Zambezi green has been at the paint shop for 3 months now, one of those fill in jobs.

What size tires do you have? They look nice.

Us green guys need to stick together. All that yellow is faster BS , Green is ____________ ?

Greenie
Carl
The car looks great, Jim. The only way we'll recognize you at club events is the beard. OK, the beard and the laugh. Well, maybe the beard the laugh and stories of paint in TJ 'cuz it won't be about Brazil without those yellow rockers!
Root_Werks
smilie_pokal.gif Looks great! I love that green!
TravisNeff
Looks very nice Jim, you need to show a before and after pic
Red-Beard
I saw it in TJ 10 days ago. Definitely looks even better in person....
jimtab
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Jun 6 2005, 03:49 AM)
darn... that's nice!
is that the same car you brought to the WCC 2004?

YES....believe it or not....
jimtab
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Jun 6 2005, 05:31 AM)
looks swell jim!! glad you found a dirt road to drive down with the new paint job huh.gif . $2.5k, value pricing to be sure. i wish los ponchos wasn't 1k miles away from tacoma.

k

DUDE? Road trip....you drive down, fly back and 2 weeks later fly down, drive back with food and massage stops....what's the problem.... happy11.gif
jimtab
QUOTE (rogergrubb @ Jun 6 2005, 05:38 AM)
So they obviously hung onto it for a while. How long did it take? Total time?

Would it be possible to go on an extended vacation down to Baja, while their doing the paint? confused24.gif

I think you could, with the interior, mine was 2 weeks, with no pressure on them.
jimtab
QUOTE (greenie @ Jun 6 2005, 07:55 AM)
Hey Jim,

You're killing me, car looks great . I really like the body color valances. My Zambezi green has been at the paint shop for 3 months now, one of those fill in jobs.

What size tires do you have? They look nice.

Us green guys need to stick together. All that yellow is faster BS , Green is ____________ ?

Greenie

Green is AS fast and Prettier, the tires are 205-50x15. And yes, we do have to stick together....
TROJANMAN
is this what the democrats refer to as "outsourcing"?
Howard
QUOTE (jimtab @ Jun 6 2005, 12:16 PM)
Green is AS fast and Prettier...

Jim, it looks great smilie_pokal.gif But don't ever think green is as fast beerchug.gif
Good 'before' pic of your car.
Yellow intimidates Green!
jimtab
QUOTE (Howard @ Jun 6 2005, 11:50 AM)
QUOTE (jimtab @ Jun 6 2005, 12:16 PM)
Green is AS fast and Prettier...

Jim, it looks great smilie_pokal.gif But don't ever think green is as fast beerchug.gif
Good 'before' pic of your car.
Yellow intimidates Green!

Howard that car of yours isn't yellow it's cream corn ivory.....like the butter you put on GREENS. happy11.gif
jimtab
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Jun 6 2005, 11:41 AM)
is this what the democrats refer to as "outsourcing"?

Yes, the Repubs have taught us many things....
Dr Evil
Howard! For the last time, that person driving Jim's car was ME! Wasn't I great? wink.gif Thanks for the footage smilie_pokal.gif

Jim let me use his car for a few laps because he is such a great guy. I can't let him take the fall for my 'extreme' driving biggrin.gif

Later, during lunch, I drove the loaner from Joe Sharp and lost it at the same spot. But, his tires were not warm and I left the track for a trip into the dirt driving.gif
seanery
who's gonna run the cars through Los Ponchos when Dr. E is gone? I'd like to get whitey done when I move back to the land of the la's.
Dr Evil
I have officially taken in a new apprentice. I will call him Darth Albert. More on this Axis of Evil later happy11.gif

Like I would leave you all hanging if i didn't have to wink.gif
Bleyseng
Holy shit, thats the same car you drove at WCC04?

Lookin Good!!!

smilie_pokal.gif
jimtab
Thanks man, it has been great, lots of thumbs up, ok signs...even a few taildraggers flashing lights....so different from the averted eyes....... happy11.gif
Howard
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Jun 6 2005, 05:37 PM)
Howard! For the last time, that person driving Jim's car was ME! Wasn't I great? wink.gif Thanks for the footage smilie_pokal.gif

Jim let me use his car for a few laps because he is such a great guy. I can't let him take the fall for my 'extreme' driving biggrin.gif

Later, during lunch, I drove the loaner from Joe Sharp and lost it at the same spot. But, his tires were not warm and I left the track for a trip into the dirt driving.gif

Dude, you are a standup guy for taking the rap. Forget the $5 you owe me and send it to Easton. BTW, who's this?
Nice!
jimtab
I don't know, I spun once but I think the car in the video is black, not green, besides if I'd spun, I have gone all the way round....I mean, what the hell.... happy11.gif
Dr Evil
Howy,
sweet, I'll add $5 to the total. This doesn't mean that you can't try to extort $5 from my homies telling them that I will pay them back wink.gif
spunone
Do they do the body work or just the paint,and if so how is the body work craftsmanship.?? smash.gif
jimtab
QUOTE (spunone @ Jun 7 2005, 05:35 AM)
Do they do the body work or just the paint,and if so how is the body work craftsmanship.?? smash.gif

They do it all, and interiors too (seats, dash, etc.) and in my opinion the work is great, I'm sure that a high end body shop would do better work but at 4-5 times the price. Jim
mikelsr
I saw the picture and thought, "That's my car! Where did he get it?" Then I looked a little closer and saw the green sails and knew it wasn't mine. Beautiful car, much prettier than mine (although I love mine - it has character)..

Mike
MoveQik
QUOTE (jimtab @ Jun 6 2005, 08:22 PM)
Thanks man, it has been great, lots of thumbs up, ok signs...even a few taildraggers flashing lights....so different from the averted eyes....... happy11.gif

The car looks awesome. Still waiting for before and after pics. I never saw the "before" version.

Speaking of thumbs up...I had a guy in an early 911 make it a point to catch up with me on the freeway so he could give me a thumbs up. Pretty cool. His 911 was spotless. Love those pre-impact cars. driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.