Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This weekend's hard lesson learned
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RON S.
This past weekend,was the time I was ready to put fire in the hole of my long term project.

Everything hooked up, biggrin.gif already to go biggrin.gif ,hit the key biggrin.gif ,and engine turns about 15 deg,and acts like it's locked up ohmy.gif .
WTF.
This can't be happening right.I checked every thing before hand. huh.gif

Engine is locked alright. headbang.gif headbang.gif I can manually turn the engine around a small amount,and I can hear a metal to meatla contact,then dead stop. headbang.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif

Talk about a man about to start crying after all this work and money.My thoughts are of internal motor problems.$$$$$$$$down the drain.
I decide to remove the trans yesterday.now I can manully turn the flywheel.Tight as a tick,acts like rust cyl's.

I remove the flywheel to try to get better leverage with a pry bar to turn the crank.
What do I find you ask. ohmy.gif

A "W" cast into the back of the flywheel sticks out far enough to dig into the webbing of the back of the case. mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

Piss poor design on the part of the flywheel mfg..
I sanded the "W" down, w/a 4-1/2" grinder,and sanded some clearance in the case webbing.
Guys',don't let this happen to you.Roll that engine over a couple full turns b4 you button it up for good.
You'll save yourself a lot of grief and hurt feelings later.

Ron
RON S.
pic 2

Ron
RON S.
pic 3

RON S.
pic 4

Ron
xsboost90
ouch. Glad you got it fixed!
redshift
W in '05!

rolleyes.gif

M
Cap'n Krusty
IMO, there's something else wrong. I've NEVER run acroos that in 32 years of Pcar work. The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.