Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trans-am invitational vintage race
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
MattR
QUOTE (john rogers @ Jun 6 2005, 09:30 AM)
Great picts. You should load up and come down to sea level and visit us at the CA Speedway later this month. There should be a good selection of TransAm cars there too and hopefully I can get some picts.

Are you going to cal speedway? I'll be there. I'll try to wear something 914 related, so if you see me say hi wavey.gif

Very nice pics, by the way!
Hydra
I wub.gif the Morgan Aero 8 (the car next to the diablo), lovely car except for the headlights (they used new beetle headlights). great handling car, but i never thoughts i would be sold in the USA.
great pics BTW smilie_pokal.gif
brant
found a few more of my shots inside the camera card.
This is my mentor/instructor. Very FAST. quickest vintage legal 911 that was there. Unfortunately this was taken about 2hours before he was T-boned by a shelby.

Rear quarter is smashed in now and door and even other rear quarter has a buckel in it:
brant
Here was the other car that swapped back and forth each lap with the lola. This thing was so fast...
It blew me away:
brant
This was a fun old car:
brant
I could only find 2 more shots of corvettes.....
sorry about that:
brant
last vette pic I could find:
brant
hey..
how could I fail to include a pic of this car I just happened to see as I was walking around:
TimT
they put a 2.0 in big bore class? whats up with that?

nice pics BTW, I was to busy fixing fire damage etc to take many pics at the Glen this past weekend.
brant
QUOTE (TimT @ Jun 6 2005, 03:45 PM)
they put a 2.0 in big bore class? whats up with that?

nice pics BTW, I was to busy fixing fire damage etc to take many pics at the Glen this past weekend.

Tim, I saw your thread... its amazing that you were able to get it back together for the main event..
dang good job!!!

So regarding the 2.0 in big bore. The way I heard it is that the small bore classes (mostly british cars) don't want to be decimated by the porsches. So they bumped 2.0 up to big bore. That way the porsches continue to run mid pack against the monsters......
TimT
I get it, change the rules at the last minute so the Porsches are at a disadvantage!!

same MO, been like that for years

ps Im going to post some video later that has a 914 powered by a 956 engine in it beer.gif
brant
I should have added....
that the story is slanted from the porsche perspective.

officially the porsches run in big bore to even out the run groups more.

I actually had a blast running in big bore and would probably prefer it. How often will I get to corner with a lola and see if I can stay up with him in some twisty section.... plus when he beats me I have a really good excuse. If I were to get beaten by a TR4, I wouldn't have much excuse would I?

(no offense to the english preferring bretherin out there)

dan10101
I really enjoyed watching the vintage races Sunday at WCC2005. There are a couple videos in this thread. A lot of the same cars as the pictures.

Vintage Thread from WCC2005

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.