Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Possibly -6 engine sheet metal group buy (similar to gpr sets)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
GeorgeRud
Looks like the nicest one out there! I’d imagine powdercoating these would make it a completely bolt in conversion kit. You’re just about able to provide an ‘all in one’ conversion package as there’s not a lot of parts that you don’t produce at this time. The quality is amazing compared to what was previously available. Just add PMB’s 5 lugs suspension/axle system, provide a nice engine, and it’s really a bolt together project!
mb911
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ May 19 2018, 06:49 AM) *

Looks like the nicest one out there! I’d imagine powdercoating these would make it a completely bolt in conversion kit. You’re just about able to provide an ‘all in one’ conversion package as there’s not a lot of parts that you don’t produce at this time. The quality is amazing compared to what was previously available. Just add PMB’s 5 lugs suspension/axle system, provide a nice engine, and it’s really a bolt together project!

agree.gif and ultimately my goal.. I also would like to do cost effective conversions for folks as well. I eventually want to be able to have people call me , deliver a nice 4cyl car , client provides an engine, then I would be able to provide my parts and do the conversion depending on needing oil coolers. Etc for 8-10k out the door..

I think that would be a value service thats not offered currently expect for the rich and famous for the most part..
GeorgeRud
Excellent idea!
mb911
I hope it will spawn a cottage industry..
mepstein
You’re going to make cottages?
So confused.
confused24.gif
mb911
QUOTE(mepstein @ May 20 2018, 10:12 AM) *

You’re going to make cottages?
So confused.
confused24.gif

Lol!
warpig
I am down for a set if the GB is still on. beer.gif
PM me the deposit amount etc. KMA.gif
mb911
QUOTE(warpig @ May 20 2018, 02:14 PM) *

I am down for a set if the GB is still on. beer.gif
PM me the deposit amount etc. KMA.gif

Pm'd
warpig
Payment sent via paypal. type.gif
PM me with shipping info when available.
Thanks beerchug.gif
mb911
We have a few sets done.. Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
mb911
1st 5 orders shipped today. The balance will ship next week.

Keep in mind to final form and fit to your engine prior to painting. The original GPR sets were the same way and required adjustments prior to finish. These are better then that.

Also keep in mind the perfect parts ar the RD sets and that is the bar that I am not competing with them
restore2seater
Will you be sending tracking numbers?
mb911
QUOTE(restore2seater @ Jun 1 2018, 07:15 AM) *

Sure email me your email address at mbconsulting21@gmail.com

Yours has shipped today. Ironically yours was the most expensive spot in the country to ship to.. No idea why..
restore2seater
Email sent.
Probably has something to do with this great state I happen to live in. Have to pay off that debt somehow. mad.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(mb911 @ Jun 1 2018, 11:17 AM) *

Yours has shipped today. Ironically yours was the most expensive spot in the country to ship to.. No idea why..

Ben - your little neck of the woods cost me more to ship than CA. FedEx calls it “remote”.
mb911
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 1 2018, 08:48 AM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ Jun 1 2018, 11:17 AM) *

Ben - your little neck of the woods cost me more to ship than CA. FedEx calls it “remote”.

Thats crazy but will change soon. The area is changing we have some majo manufacturer s coming into the area with 20k high paying jobs coming in within 2 years. The guy that wrote the code for the icloud said a few weeks back that this is the next silicon valley..

mb911
All paid sets have shipped..
djb
Interested in the GB as well if there is still a spot open.
mb911
I have a couple sets left before I build out 50 sets which won't be done until August sometime. Will sell at $440 a set shipped..

Retail starts after the remaining sets from this run are sold of $500

Also please keep in mind if you are looking for perfect sets better then factory you should be looking at restoration design.. Those sets are bar none the best sets out there.
mb911
Going to have some more available in early August for anyone still looking.
mb911
Talked to laser cutting Friday Sounds like I am cued up to cut in the next week finally.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.