Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just another clutch tube fix
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Boomingbeetle
My clutch cable tube was completely broken free and moving around inside the tunnel so I decided to try an easy brace/fix. It worked pretty well. I used a $10 two-piece shaft collar clamp with a 1/2” ID at the rear firewall. I don’t have access to my welder for a few months so this is temporary but may end up permanent... I did loosen the clutch cable at the trans so you can see the inner cable sheath entering the tube.

Click to view attachment
Boomingbeetle
There is an inspection window cut in my tunnel in front of the shifter by PO. The collar is still holding the tube but it was sliding forward and back maybe 4”.

Click to view attachment

I decided to use a 1-hole rubber lined pinch clamp screwed into the side of the tunnel below the shifter for added support. Feels rock solid now. Here is a picture of the clamp on the tube but I couldn’t get a better photo once it was in place. The whole thing was rotated and pushed forward so the bolt and hole are below the tube.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.