Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trip odometer knob and cable
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Geezer914
1975 914. Does anyone know how to remove this knob or cable so I can insert it into the back of the speedometer? And no, there is no set screw. headbang.gif Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
adolimpio
I don't think that's the original knob. Mine is knurled metal and has a set screw.

I suspect someone might have glued that on.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(adolimpio @ Apr 22 2018, 04:36 PM) *

I don't think that's the original knob. Mine is knurled metal and has a set screw.

I suspect someone might have glued that on.

agree.gif Try levering it off with a screwdriver
914werke
Nope thats OE, late application Early cars had the knurled metal knob
Just pressed on a D shaft the early ver did use a VERY small screw
Geezer914
Thanks for the replies, I'll try prying it off with a couple of small screw drivers.
porschetub
QUOTE(Geezer914 @ Apr 23 2018, 10:12 AM) *

Thanks for the replies, I'll try prying it off with a couple of small screw drivers.

I wouldn't touch it...most likely crack,if no set screw the plastic knob is probably molded on,just remove from the rear of the speedo.
scallyk9
I have both early and late. The black plastic late model knob just pulls off. You should not need to pry it.
914Sixer
Get you a V shaped tack puller. Only a couple of dollars. Lots of other uses on the vehicle. Great for removing body plugs
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(scallyk9 @ Apr 22 2018, 06:52 PM) *

I have both early and late. The black plastic late model knob just pulls off. You should not need to pry it.

agree.gif
mwyatt
Can someone post for me how the odometer trip reset cable is attached to the underside of the dash? I have the black plastic knob as pictured, but my car just has the cable dangling (attached to the gauge but not the dash). Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.