Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ECU Pinout 1975 1.8 L Jet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
motorvated
The three white wires going to the connector on the bottom of the Throttle Body on my 1975 1.8 L Jet motor have broken. I need to know what pin on the ECU connector each goes to. So far continuity check reveals one wire going to Pin 1, and another going to Pin 16. Third wire going to Pin 17. So which position on the connector does each wire go to? Retaining wire and two outboard grooves are on the bottom, single central groove on the top. Anybody know?

Thanks.Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
JeffBowlsby
See the harness diagram and schematic on my harness website. If you are getting those circuit #s in the continuity check you have internal shorts in your harness.
motorvated
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Apr 22 2018, 03:17 PM) *

See the harness diagram and schematic on my harness website. If you are getting those circuit #s in the continuity check you have internal shorts in your harness.

Thank you Jeff. I read the PIN numbers upside down, counting from the top not the bottom. So my pins are at 18, 2, and 3, which is consistent with the diagram on your website. I'm saving up for a new FI harness, as mine is brittle with connections that are marginal at best.

Thanks for the help.

One more quick question for Jeff. The diagram on your webpage shows the Throttle Position Switch with the three PIN numbers. Is that actually showing the connector to the switch, looking at it head on?
motorvated
QUOTE(motorvated @ Apr 22 2018, 04:43 PM) *

Thank you Jeff. I read the PIN numbers upside down, counting from the top not the bottom. So my pins are at 18, 2, and 3, which is consistent with the diagram on your website. I'm saving up for a new FI harness, as mine is brittle with connections that are marginal at best.

Thanks for the help.

One more quick question for Jeff. The diagram on your webpage shows the Throttle Position Switch with the three PIN numbers. Is that actually showing the connector to the switch, looking at it head on?

JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(motorvated @ Apr 22 2018, 03:43 PM) *

Thanks for the help.

Yes, the connector housing orientation is as if you are looking a the business end of it. The circuits are numbered on the ECU connector housing, but you need to slide the cover off to see them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.