Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Great to see an old friend
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
Just took delivery of an old friend -- Jeff Stroud's car dropped in from Texas for a few little repairs before it goes up for sale. Seeing it come off the transport pulled up a lot of great memories, and a lot of sadness. But I'm glad for this reunion and glad to help being part of making sure she goes to a good home.

Great to see you, Jeff... wub.gif

For those who want to check out the build thread, or are interested in purchasing the car.
SirAndy
sad.gif smile.gif
914werke
That is the 3.2 conversion that was in his "barn?
I remember it ..very clean, Ya I think about Jeff every time I pull the cover off "Blackie"
brant
A nice story!
I miss Jeff
He sold me s tranny before he passed. I just drove it a couple of thousand miles this weekend and think of him often
McMark
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Apr 23 2018, 05:06 PM) *
That is the 3.2 conversion that was in his "barn?
I remember it ..very clean, Ya I think about Jeff every time I pull the cover off "Blackie"

Yup. His wife moved to Texas and brought the car with her, but it's mostly just sitting and ran into a starting issue. I'm charging the battery, but I suspect the DME relay as usual. Gonna give it the once over and take care of any little things it needs. Then a bunch of pictures for the sale.
Gint
beerchug.gif
Mueller
Very nice car, and it has got to be a blast with that 3.2 motor! Perfect combo with the narrow body.

ConeDodger
Great car... glad he got to finish it. Jeff was a good man. sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.