Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: $1500 for 2.2 911 parts car for /6 conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
insipidCarrot
I was walking through the yard of this local german repair shop yesterday and I came across a 2.2 911, not sure of the year but it had no interior and the motor was sitting on the passenger side . All of the suspension and driveline is there and the 911 tub can probally be used. I am looking at it purely for a /6 conversion

I was purely intrested in the motor, 5 lug conversion and front suspension. It looked like it had been stored properly and was equipped with a set of triple throat webers. When I asked the shop owner about the car he said $1500 for everything and he claimed the motor had 128,000 mile on it.

Would you say it is worth it ?
TimT
Umm delete your other post with the same title

2.2 engines dont warrant many dollars

You can get over $1000 for a set of 3 barrel webers, a 2.2T longblock is well whatever you pay...

TimT
Oh yea where on LI?

I had a pretty good handle on the local P-cars parts dealers about 10 yrs ago

dont worry I have a set of webers almost ready for market, and a few short blocks/trannies for sale
TravisNeff
I think that going this route (by purchasing a run down 911) can be a pretty cost effective way to go. Front suspension as you say, engine, tach etc. Then you can part out what is left to recoup a little of your $$. Oh forgot the transmission as well, internals to swap with yours.

anthony
To me this car sounds like a horrible candidate for 914-6 conversion. The gem of this deal could be the early 911 body - if it isn't rusted. Prices on early 911s have shot through the roof. A solid body with clear title probably goes for $5K alone.
Gint
The two duplicate threads were drivin me batty... wacko.gif

I deleted the other one. There was only one reply form aaron and he said the carbs were worth a grand. And I agree FWIW.
newto914s
I'd say get it. $1500 is nothing for a 911 with a drive-train. I started a similar thred a while back about parting a 911 for a 6 convertion.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...=ST&f=2&t=12183
might help you find someother parts to pull
I've been watching 911s on ebay for a couple of months now, and you could easily double your money on that car with a couple of digital photos
goose2
I just sold a set of carbs to a good friend of ours for 1100 w/manifolds and linkage. Assume the engine is a core. Beware of the suspension and brakes...if it's early 911 it may not be what you want. I speak from experience on that point. Other than that it sounds like an ok deal...you may be able to use the wheels too.
Trekkor
I'd say DO IT!!

Don't think twice, don't wait 'til the deals gone.

Tell us you bought it tomorrow.

Bench run the motor before you proceed with your conversion.

Even if the motor is junk, ( probally isn't ) you can rebuild the carbs for $100 and have 'em ready.

The suspension and five lug stuff is worth $2000 by itself.
What wheels? at least another $500.

BUY, BUY, BUY.

You'll have a conversion in six months if you're slow.

KT
Aaron Cox
if you dont buy it. ill be first in line. and ill come get it smile.gif
ArtechnikA
2,2's were 1970 and '71 only.

only T's were carbureted, but it's *possible* someone yanked the MFI when the got an estimate for a throttle body and pump rebuild... only the TYPE NUMBER will give you a clue as to what it was when it left the factory.

also, before you start counting chickens, make SURE they're Webers and not Zeniths...
Root_Werks
$1500??? Maybe, the last 2.2T engine I bought was for $800 and it ran out great, complete stock engine. So $1500 and you get suspension parts, yeah, probably worth it. Part out the car hard and fast. Sell the doors, glass, whatever for cheap. Just get rid of the car. Even if you only get $400 for misc stuff, hey your only into the stuff you want to keep for $1100. That would be pretty sweet! biggrin.gif
insipidCarrot
Way sorry about other post. I dint even notice !

Im going to price it all up and see if I can swing it. I didnt have a chance too see what other mods were done to the car but im sure it has some suspension and brake work done to it as well by judging by the fiberglass bits on the car. It might even have some internal work done on the motor, but it has been sitting awhile.

If anyone else is intrested in it, that lives in the area pm me and I will give them the info on the car and they get it.
lagunero
well since Aaron is first in line I'll have to wait til he comes back to say I'm next.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.