I am repairing my wiring and have been dealing with all things electrical.

s there any reason I can't use later Headlight & Emergency flasher switches in my early car?

The car is a 72 but the switches are pretty dirty and corroded and I have switches from a 75 that are in better condition.

Each of the later switches have an extra terminal that I would not have a wire to connect to.
The headlight switch has a terminal 56 and an additional 56K terminal that is signal power to the headlight motors. On the 72 that wire is connected to terminal 56 and there is no 56K.

The late Emergency flasher switch has a terminal 58 that appears to be illumination for the switch when the headlights are on.

I don't see anything in the wiring diagrams that indicates I couldn't just leave these terminals disconnected and the switches should work fine.

I will probably be weeks before I put a battery in the cars I am hoping smeone can confirm my theory.

Also my 72 has white relays in it, They have the correct part numbers and manufacturer but I have never seen white ones.
I know some 911s use a red relay for teh fuel pump and it carries more amperage that the black relays.

Is there anything different about the white relays?
Higher/low amperage?
Incredibly rare and I can fund a vacation off selling them?
Just earlier production parts?

Thanks
Jim

Click to view attachment