Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Using POR-15 to Repair Holes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vesnyder
Repairing my floorboards I found that the floor under the drivers seat we worse than all the others? So bad that when I was poking around I poked a hole about the size of a golfball. (see pic) I am going to try to use POR-15 to fix and treat the hole before I consider welding in a new panel. If it works I figure it is a cheap alternative? Anybody ever done this?
AndyC
Personally I would get out the grinder with a wire cup brush and find out how far the rot really goes, then chop it all out back to the good metal and weld in new metal, then its time to break out the POR15. If you do a half assed job now it will only come back to haunt you welder.gif
xsboost90
weld first, then POR15. You don wanna fall out on yor esse do ya?
Verruckt
My floors only had a few holes that were visible. Get the cup brush, it will reveal MANY MORE holes. Remember, the floor is what keeps your butt inside the car...
ablose58
ohmy.gif rust never sleeps biggrin.gif cut out the bad and weld in the new like said before smilie_pokal.gif AL
joeav8tor
rust is cancer, if left untreated your 914 will die!.....eventually....bite the bullet, cut and weld, por 15 and paint. sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif
Joe
CptTripps
agree.gif

I'll be happy to weld it in for you...I've got metal, or we can cut the floors out of your parts car...not a hard thing. It'd take us an afternoon...and you'll be happier long-term.
Mark Henry
I've used the POR-15 and mat on a bug, but it was just pinholes. So far so good...but that hole is too big, you need to weld it.

welder.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.