Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brilliant rendering of my 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thieuster
My birthday today. And it's always a problem to come up with something I want to have as a present. For ages,I've been asking an industrial-quality kitchen faucet(!) But my wife refuses to buy me one... "Go out an buy that yourself if you want that!"

She got hold of an address of a guy in the UK who's car renderings look great. And without me knowing, she has taken pics of the 914. She even had to drive it out of the garage for that. Easier said than done... Mounting the battery, figuring out how the gear shifter works etc, etc. Lucky to have a wife with practical and technical skills.

And she had to drive the car back into the garage, remove the battery etc, etc. The dashboard is exactly correct! Even with the Blaupunkt stereo. It took her 10 pics of every dashboard detail before she had sufficient info for the guy who did the rendering.

The result? Stunning! Here a quick pic of the gift she handed me this morning!!

Menno

IPB Image
rgalla9146
Happy Birthday Menno !!!!!
The artwork is BEAUTIFUL! and a great looking subject too.
Happy Birthday!
914Sixer
Super nice ! biggrin.gif
EdwardBlume
birthday3.gif birthday3.gif birthday3.gif
Coondog
Very nice....Happy Birthday. Now go buy her that facet for Mother’s Day.... happy11.gif
914-300Hemi
What a great idea for a gift.
birthday3.gif birthday3.gif
Tom_T
Excellent renderings & data sheet!

Good on 'er for doing all that too! driving-girl.gif

birthday3.gif

Cheers Mate! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
siverson
That is really neat!

Everything seems pretty accurate/close, except for the production years - 1972 to 1975. Even if it was just 2.0 that would be 73 to 76. Or was this the sale date in the UK or something?

Anyways, very cool!

-Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.