Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche 914 show in El Segundo Ca this Sunday 16th
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
MATCHBOX914
I will be at the Palos Verdes Cars and Coffee 7am tomorrow handing out flyers for those attending.

Thanks,
Dave
effutuo101
Have fun!
Working to get my wip on the road
LS1V8Jerry
QUOTE(MATCHBOX914 @ May 16 2018, 01:42 PM) *

Looking to have a Porsche 914 Show at the Automobile Driving Museum in El Segundo California. Date would be around the month of September and need a list of interested owners who would show / attend the event. The plan is to have a car show and a collectible display/ sell area. Swap might be possible but very limited. Space would become an issue and needs to be a small event and hoping we can expand at a later date. There would be a small fee to pay for the show but not calculated yet.
This will most likely be a Saturday event based on availability but Sunday is possible.
Exact dates are not available at this time just getting a idea of interested people.

Please follow this link for more information
https://www.automobiledrivingmuseum.org/eve...nt_display=list

Dave

Click to view attachment piratenanner.gif

Dave looking forward for tomorrow’s event...
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(LS1V8Jerry @ Sep 15 2018, 10:27 AM) *

QUOTE(MATCHBOX914 @ May 16 2018, 01:42 PM) *

Looking to have a Porsche 914 Show at the Automobile Driving Museum in El Segundo California. Date would be around the month of September and need a list of interested owners who would show / attend the event. The plan is to have a car show and a collectible display/ sell area. Swap might be possible but very limited. Space would become an issue and needs to be a small event and hoping we can expand at a later date. There would be a small fee to pay for the show but not calculated yet.
This will most likely be a Saturday event based on availability but Sunday is possible.
Exact dates are not available at this time just getting a idea of interested people.

Please follow this link for more information
https://www.automobiledrivingmuseum.org/eve...nt_display=list

Dave

Click to view attachment piratenanner.gif

Dave looking forward for tomorrow’s event...

Go Jerry!!!!

914Toy
Will be there about 7:30 beer.gif
914-300Hemi
Change of plans. I just found that the 911 front oil cooler has a hole and is leaking oil.
Since both Porsche’s are on jack stands I have to bring the Honda.
Click to view attachment
Larmo63
I'm meeting Eddy at 6:45 off of Seal Beach Blvd. (just north, easy on/and off of fwy)

Anybody want to meet there and join us, we'll split from there a bit before before 7:00 and drive up.
sb914
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Sep 15 2018, 02:07 PM) *

I'm meeting Eddy at 6:45 off of Seal Beach Blvd. (just north, easy on/and off of fwy)

Anybody want to meet there and join us, we'll split there before 7:00 and drive up.

Oscar and jerry will meet us at 645 as well
pete000
914 VIP parking in the north end lot. Lets try to keep all the 914s together if possible. I will be there to help 914 parking.
LS1V8Jerry
Click to view attachment
sb914
Click to view attachment 24 teeners showed up !
914_7T3
More Pics From the Show

Lively Livery!

Click to view attachment

914-6 #001

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Original Owner '73

Click to view attachment

Original 6ix!

Click to view attachment

Former SCAA Race Car

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Lots of other Air Cooled P-Cars!

Click to view attachment

Including 356s

Click to view attachment

Party Crashers!

Click to view attachment
narino
So bummed I missed most everyone. I showed up around noon and the majority had cleared out. Hope to catch everyone at the next local meet!
1adam12
Very cool event. Glad to meet more members from this forum and to see so many 914's. Great job to the team that put this together!
Larmo63
It was great seeing all of the 914 guys out for a Sunday meet-up. The best part was the car museum. Very cool!!!

You could sit in almost all of the old cars there, really an experience.

I sat in a multitude of cars that while I didn't drive them, at least I got a feel for what they are like inside.

This was a great event, well worth the drive and bravo to those who organized it, THANK YOU.
Larmo63
Click to view attachment
1adam12
Inside the Auto Museum
914-300Hemi
I 2nd Larmo’s comments. There were nice looking 914’s, seeing old friends and wonderful museum.
euro911
Looks like a really good turn out thumb3d.gif ... sorry I missed it and hanging out with you clowns gentlemen laugh.gif

I woke up around noon with a really sore lower back, and hobbled around all day long dry.gif ... Apparently I messed it up when we were cleaning up after my wife's birthday bash ... pert-near full 100 gallon ice chests aren't a light as they used to be 10 years ago blink.gif
Blue6
I believe in the first pic, there is a rare sighting of Elyut and his hot rod. Happy to see it. I was concerned he had defected and joined PriusWorld. biggrin.gif
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(914-300Hemi @ Sep 16 2018, 06:53 PM) *

I 2nd Larmo’s comments. There were nice looking 914’s, seeing old friends and wonderful museum.

agree.gif with Larmo and Ravi.

Special thanks to organizers. Nice to see everyone and especially Elliot and Kent (76-914) who made the long distance trek. Great LA venue right here next to LAX. Never knew it was there.

And in attendance The VERY FIRST 914-6 to come off the production line, VIN 9140430011

If there is a next year hope others can join us. Need some out of state teeners.

Final 914 count...32 (per Pete000) who helped with event...thank you!

Oscar
pete000
What a great day of 914s and more ! Had no Idea it was going to draw such a great turn out ! Thanks everyone who made the trip and thanks to Dave for setting it up. Thanks to Travis for shooting photos and Marcus for helping parking all the killer cars. Once Travis edits the pictures we will post them up. driving.gif

second wind
No wonder I was clinically depressed all day....the force was strong....and I missed it! I live half an hour a way.......OMG what a great event....plus museums are amazing....oh well....
gg
PS SH_T !!!
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(sb914 @ May 16 2018, 12:53 PM) *

Depending on date, I'd be in. And, I'm sure if you wanted,you could get over 20 914s

He did beerchug.gif beer3.gif beer.gif
ruby914
QUOTE(euro911 @ Sep 16 2018, 07:01 PM) *

Looks like a really good turn out thumb3d.gif ... sorry I missed it and hanging out with you clowns gentlemen laugh.gif

I woke up around noon with a really sore lower back, and hobbled around all day long dry.gif ... Apparently I messed it up when we were cleaning up after my wife's birthday bash ... pert-near full 100 gallon ice chests aren't a light as they used to be 10 years ago blink.gif

Wow, you too? First day I can remember waking up at 10am. No worries, Its just down the street, couldn't be easier. Took some time to put some parts back on the car, like lug nuts. Got there fashionably late, after 12 noon, 4 cars left.
MM1
Thanks, Dave, for organizing and letting me help a little, and thanks to Pete for being the guru (and my 914 mentor), and Travis for shooting great pics! Looking forward to the 2nd Annual Porsche Gathering already!

It was especially cool to finally meet a couple of 914 World(ers) like "Clint Eastwood" wink.gif

white914.jpg
FlacaProductions

And in attendance The VERY FIRST 914-6 to come off the production line, VIN 9140430011

Wait - which one was this?
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Sep 17 2018, 09:19 AM) *

Wait - which one was this?

The Signal orange one with hubcaps parked on the street. I gawked at it for some time.

I am hoping somebody took a photo and will post it here.

Picture below is from a prior post.

Oscar

Click to view attachment
MATCHBOX914
Thanks to everyone who attended this first Porsche event at the museum. I am planning on the next event and hoping for a larger crowd. Special thanks to the crew Pete,Marcus,Travis and the ADM staff to make this all happen. Stay tuned!

Dave

Click to view attachment
drem914
Sorry I missed this one. Hope to be at the next though. It looked like a great turn out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.