Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help. Can't get the rear chrome trim on targa bar!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
buck toenges
O.K.
I have 3 clips. I assume that the clip part that hooks onto the flange goes in the bottom of the inner rail of the chrome bar.
Do you put the clips in the chrome trim and slide the chrome trim on the flange?
Do you place the clips on the roof and push on the chrome trim? I have tried and can't get anywhere.
If I try and slide the chrome trim with the clips in the chrome trim piece on the roof the clip breaks. If I put the clips on first and then pop the chrome trim piece on the clips pop off the flange.

signed,
frustrated like h***
Buck

By the way, Thanks for all the help.
altitude411
*edit
76-914
Stick a 1/2" wide flat metal piece like a small wood chisel into one end or the other. Work with the end that appears to give more than the other. As you pull the piece will want to arch up or down as it is not straight-but bow shaped. Let it bow down as you pull. This seemed to help. It will scare Hell out of you when it gives and one of the clips will shoot off into a Black Hole somewhere. beerchug.gif
EDIT: LOL, just re-read title. ON not OFF. Take Rob-O's advice.
Rob-O
Clips go into the targa trim. Then place it into position and push it on. No sliding it along.
altitude411
clips go like this. I'm not totally sure but I thought there were four clips for the targa trim? confused24.gif

Click to view attachment
Rand
Just to throw a wrench in the works....

DITCH that crap. I know, the CCWs need it. But, man, that's the first bit of cheesey blingy crappy extraneous garbage added on after the car was built. Shave it. Unless you love special crevasse-like places that capture rust and eat your car for no reason except some goofy trim. Why? Why? (Yeah, I already called out the CCWs... WHY??)

stirthepot.gif
windforfun
Is this the long horizontal piece or the short vertical ones?
bdstone914
QUOTE(Rand @ May 21 2018, 05:36 PM) *

DITCH that crap. I know, the CCWs need it. But, man, that's the first bit of cheesey blingy crappy extraneous garbage added on after the car was built. Shave it. Unless you love special crevasse-like places that capture rust and eat your car for no reason except some goofy trim. Why? Why? (Yeah, I already called out the CCWs... WHY??)

stirthepot.gif

Not a good idea at all. The targa roof seal seals on the trim part.
Only you can answer is to why you make the posts you do. Your posts rarely make sense to me.
Larmo63
I did the targa vinyl recently and the rear trim was no issue at all. I thought there were five clips on my trim bar, but some say less.

It snapped right on in seconds. I might have used a little persuasion, but no problems.
bdstone914
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ May 22 2018, 05:51 AM) *

I did the targa vinyl recently and the rear trim was no issue at all. I thought there were five clips on my trim bar, but some say less.

It snapped right on in seconds. I might have used a little cousin, but no problems.

Larmo, do you mean a little cussing or cousin (like child labor) ?

Three is what Porsche used.

More is OK.
colingreene
Knowing him it could be either really.
Rand
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ May 21 2018, 06:55 PM) *

QUOTE(Rand @ May 21 2018, 05:36 PM) *

stirthepot.gif

Not a good idea at all. The targa roof seal seals on the trim part.
Only you can answer is to why you make the posts you do. Your posts rarely make sense to me.

Fair enough. I added a "smiley" figuring it would not make sense to some.

My roof sits on the latches on the inside, not the trim of the outside. The seal against the trim is nothing I've ever missed. Water doesn't come in that way. To each his own. I like the clean look sans-bling and there's no trim to trap moisture. Do what you want, this is just bouncing thoughts around.
buck toenges
Well, I cut the vinyl off the flange, cleaned the glue off the flange, and it clipped on like it is suppose too. Easier once you got all the crap off the flange.

Thanks,
Buck
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.