Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Tangerine Shift Rod Bushing. ***SOLD***
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Rob-O
I believe this is for side shifter/73-76 cars. Not sure if it works on the early cars.

I bought this a few years ago while rebuilding the shift linkage. I also had a new factory style bushing for the firewall. It had no slop so I installed that instead of using this. Comes with the rivets and the directions on how to install. I fitted it up to the car and shift rod but never that’s as far as I got.

$35 shipped to lower 48.

-Rob
screenguy914
I'll take it. See your PM
Rob-O
PM replied to.
rcotten951
call me second in line I guess, lol I would also like to take it. PM sent Thanks, Russ
JmuRiz
Early bird gets the worm...I’m too slow sad.gif
Great part
porschetub
QUOTE(Rob-O @ May 25 2018, 05:52 AM) *

I believe this is for side shifter/73-76 cars. Not sure if it works on the early cars.

I bought this a few years ago while rebuilding the shift linkage. I also had a new factory style bushing for the firewall. It had no slop so I installed that instead of using this. Comes with the rivets and the directions on how to install. I fitted it up to the car and shift rod but never that’s as far as I got.

$35 shipped to lower 48.

-Rob

Knew that wouldn't last long,unsure why the seller didn't fit it they work great.
mepstein
You guys can all have one. Chris sells it for $60 inc shipping. It’s a good price for a great part.
Larmo63

agree.gif

I've put one in every 914 I've owned.

Great part!
Rob-O
QUOTE(porschetub @ May 24 2018, 03:53 PM) *

QUOTE(Rob-O @ May 25 2018, 05:52 AM) *

$35 shipped to lower 48.

-Rob

Knew that wouldn't last long,unsure why the seller didn't fit it they work great.

***SOLD***

Agreed that it looks like a great upgrade, but I’m just super weird about drilling any holes in my car. I knew I would need to drill in order to install it but then two things happened. The first was that the directions say in some rare cases you may need to shave down part of the shift union at the firewall if you can’t get 1st, 3rd and 5th to work. It was hot as hell here in Texas and I just knew I’d be that rare case. blink.gif

Sounds like no big deal until you realize you have to pull the shift rod off again, make the mod, find new rivets, order a new set screw for the shift rod. The second was that I already had a new stock style bushing on hand and I figured I’d give installing it a shot. I had no slop when I installed the stock bushing so I just went with it.
iankarr
I totally respect your wanting to stay with OEM, but for others reading this thread, lemme say that shaving down the top of the shift rod union is no big deal. I had to do it. Just used a small grinding wheel on a dremel to take off a few mm's. No new rivets needed. Can re-use the cone screw with a drop of loctite. OR...you could just shave down the piece before you place it for the first time...won't hurt anything. SO much better feel.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.