Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Canadian Por' Volks Festival
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
tracks914
If I come east on 401, where should I exit and when will I see your first signs?
In other words, how do I get there.
Tx
Mark Henry
Directions to Mark’s Aircooled, Mark and Kim’s Henry’s house
Phone 905 797 2677

We are located half way between Kirby (Oshawa ski club) and Bewdley (Rice lake):

From Toronto:
Take the 401 hwy (east) to the 35/115 hwy north, then take the Durham Rd.# 9 /Bewdley / Kirby exit, go straight (east) to Elizabethville, turn right (south on Ct. Rd. 65) at the church and we the 6th lane on the left, 7605 is the fire number and it says Henry on the mailbox.

(Durham Rd. # 9 becomes Northumberland Rd. # 9 just before Elizabethville please disregard the sign that says Durham Rd. # 9 ends and just keep going straight)

From Peterborough:
Take the 115 hwy south to 28 hwy, turn left (south) Just past Rice Lake/Bewdley turn right (west on Northumberland Rd. # 9) at the first set of lights. Follow road to Elizabethville, turn left at church (south on Ct. Rd. 65) and we the 6th lane on the left, 7605 is the fire number and it says Henry on the mailbox.

From the east:401 west to 28 hwy (Port Hope), go right (north), turn left (west on Northumberland Rd. # 9) at the second set of lights. Follow road to Elizabethville, turn left at church (south on Ct. Rd. 65) and we the 6th lane on the left, 7605 is the fire number and it says Henry on the mailbox.
Mark Henry
Watch for signs...just finished a bunch tonight smile.gif
tracks914
How many 914's are you expecting?
djporsche
what does MUSR stand for. if my 914 is ready by then i'll be ther . but i was just looking for more info on the event. smoke.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE (tracks914 @ Aug 18 2005, 10:53 PM)
How many 914's are you expecting?

Don't know that one....

My car is here, aveale just emailed me and said he's coming (he has a fresh 914), freezing914 said he's coming (don't know if his is on the road yet. Severial other club guys are going to be here...like Dave P.... but I don't know who's bringing their 914's

Mike's 914 will most likely have a couple here as well.

what does MUSR stand for. if my 914 is ready by then i'll be ther . but i was just looking for more info on the event.  

Me thinks he's got the wrong thread laugh.gif
Mark Henry
BTW I have 7 parts cars here in the back 40...so strictly speaking I already have 8 914's here huh.gif wacko.gif dry.gif wink.gif smile.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif
startsw/p
Mark, have you got a good dash top in that lot of cars? Also need a good D.S. longitudinal carpet in charcoal. Mind if I bring some beer?
Flat 6 is best offer -- looking for approx. $1500. to whoever wants it.
Mark Henry
QUOTE (startsw/p @ Aug 19 2005, 09:12 AM)
Mark, have you got a good dash top in that lot of cars? Also need a good D.S. longitudinal carpet in charcoal. Mind if I bring some beer?
Flat 6 is best offer -- looking for approx. $1500. to whoever wants it.

Mark, have you got a good dash top in that lot of cars?

Doubt it...Mike might bring one

Also need a good D.S. longitudinal carpet in charcoal.

ditto

Mind if I bring some beer?

No booze....what I don't see... wink.gif

We will be having a few pops after the show for sure... drunk.gif
michel richard
My parts are all packed up ! I'm bringing a bunch of wheels: a very nice set of 4 bolt fuchs (5 of them, the spare has never been on the road) and a bunch of 5 bolt wheels that need restoration. Plus a complete 2.2 E Mechanical Injection system, a complete 1.7 heater system, and some gauges. If anyone has specific needs, email before tomorrow morning: michrich@videotron.ca or phone (514) 229-2483 . . . I have a huge amount of stuff in my garage.
Mark: I'm definitely coming, please keep a good spot in the vendor's area !

Michel Richard
Dead Air
Hey, check this out, for other weekend events. We're going up Saturday night and hanging out.

Markham Jazz Festival

I think it's only about an hour west of the show.

Oh, and One Mazda!
startsw/p
Hey did you guys get washed out up there?? I heard the 404 is a write off for a month. More rain forcasted for today.... hows the drainage on that field?? unsure.gif
Mark Henry
Not too bad.... we might have to move the vendors to a different field. I put gravel in the bad spots so we should be good to go.

Isolated showers for today...18c and mainly sunny called for tommorow.

no rain-no rain-no rain-no rain-no rain-no rain-no rain pray.gif
davep
Mark, check your email.
Mark Henry
Dave check your mail

Mostly sunny tomorrow smile.gif
LongARM
says " sunny with cloudy periods", for Sun Aug 21th......

cool.gif

yyaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

beer3.gif
rhodyguy
this can be unailed and set to regular rotation. today is the 21st.

k
tracks914
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Aug 21 2005, 02:01 PM)
this can be unailed and set to regular rotation. today is the 21st.

k

Ya but it's easy to find for those of us who couldn't make it but want to hear how it all went. sad.gif
rhodyguy
so how long would you expect it to remain nailed? indefinately? if it is in regular rotation it will still be there for your viewing. you do have the option of tracking the topic so you know of every new reply. the nailed area is jampacked full of items. little room for anything new, and there are other matters that might be better served if nailed. the por' folks be pulled, as can the whistler thread. the folks going there have made their plans. the calendar thread is what 14 pages? just let me know when one is available rolleyes.gif .

k
tracks914
Well if it's really in the way I think I can find it elsewhere on the site. Move it or remove it.

What ever screwy.gif
GaroldShaffer
Ok, its 10:25 Pm there

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

mihai914
You have to give them more time, you know Canadian beer is stronger laugh.gif
ajracer
OK - at least I will pass along "my vehicle" and info since I went to the show !
details below are from another thread.

Puppy is RUNNING !!!

Since I never really finished the vehicle to drive it to the "Canadian Por Volks Festival"
hosted by Mark's Airt Cooled; I decided to at least get it mobile and trailered to he show.

Since this is a "work in progress - project car" I thought it would be a great idea.
Even brought along some tools, supplies, etc to complete a few last minute minor
details to "Fire-up" at the show. Was not able to keep my appointment yesterday
to have the mufflers installed, but hey open header still sound GOOD to me!
So after taking deliver of the roller last summer, I decided after a year it would be
a good idea to at least wash the dirty car which spent the last twelve months in
garage(s) was on jack stand. Only yesterday did I get to install the 944 turbo axles,
added water this mornring. Like any conversion project there are problems or the
unexpected and the teener was no exception. After connecting the electric fuel
pump wires found no power and had to build a last minute harness and a few minor
items before fire up. She picked up the fuel so quickly I think I might have even
flooded the engine. But no start; so backwards we go checking items and found a
couple problems which were corrected.

Turn the key and she sputters a few times, relocate all the plug wires one position
on the distributor cap and try again THIS time she takes right off and within
seconds (with open headers) a few bystanders decided to check out this loud noise
and wonder what kind of vehicle it this ??

Attached photo of the nice (but not so pretty teener) on her way after boarding
the trailer. More info to follow soon, still need to add mufflers and adjust up the
clutch linkage. Driving it seems like a reality this week !!!!!!

Allan

Link:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...24052&st=60&hl=
Mark Henry
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Aug 21 2005, 08:48 PM)
so how long would you expect it to remain nailed? indefinately? if it is in regular rotation it will still be there for your viewing. you do have the option of tracking the topic so you know of every new reply. the nailed area is jampacked full of items. little room for anything new, and there are other matters that might be better served if nailed. the por' folks be pulled, as can the whistler thread. the folks going there have made their plans. the calendar thread is what 14 pages? just let me know when one is available rolleyes.gif .

k

Although I agree that this thread should be un-nailed sometime this week...you could at least wait till the body is cold dOOd... rolleyes.gif

Just pissed because we had a good time and have better beer I guess biggrin.gif
Mark Henry
We had a good showing of nice 914's
LongARM
Great show....Mark
thanx to you and your wife.....
the weather was good...
hope to see some pictures.... beer.gif

clap.gif
Mark Henry
ajracer provided the entertainment cool.gif
Mark Henry
WHAT?!?!?!

I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!!!

cool.gif
Mark Henry
I'll post more pic's and event details this evening...don't have time right now.

If any of you guys have some good pic's please post them.

beer.gif
davep
QUOTE (Mark Henry @ Aug 22 2005, 06:20 AM)
WHAT?!?!?!

I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!!!

Actually, it was only LOUD until they got the engine dialed in a bit. He still has to work on the idle setting and get a muffler. Quite a feat of engineering I'd say.
davep
the beast getting dialed in
davep
Mark's car 2nd place in show
davep
a nice 1975
davep
A very nice 1972 1st place in show ( as judged by yours truely) owned by Fred F

A nice 75 showed much later, and an LE tub was for sale up in the vendor section.

A nice showing of 914Club members from a wide area.
Fred F
ajracer
Mark Henry
LongARM

michel richard had parts for sale
startsw/p had parts for sale
IanStott showed up
davep
dave eddy
LongARM
hey davep...............

i was there...
and you only showed half of my car...
1972 Signal Orange wacko.gif
davep
Yeah, sorry. I ran out of frames on the camera at that point.

The Signal orange 72 of LongARM was really nice also. Notice every car except for ajracer had an LE style spoiler installed, and each of the judged cars also had the original DOT decals in place. All these cars were basically 'unrestored' in that while they may have had repaints, none had been stripped and thoroughly restored. They are great examples of 'survivors'.
startsw/p
Thanks for a great time Mark! We'll se ya next year, and hopefully one of my cars will be done by then. beer.gif
Mark Henry
Mikes nice LE tub....14K Canadian for the completed car....wish I had the coin sad.gif
JeffBowlsby
Thanks Mark.... biggrin.gif
LongARM
to mark:
would you know where the vw guys would be posting pics from your event..???
some beautiful vw and ghias there...wow
turbo-charged beetles...
(sounds like a rock-band........hehe)
thanx hijacked.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE (Mark Henry @ Aug 22 2005, 06:15 AM)
ajracer provided the entertainment cool.gif

wish I heard that! clap.gif

How much more is the alcohol content in CAN? Nice showing guys, I know it's not easy to show up with a 914... wacko.gif
ajracer
It was a fun time by all, even though it would be nice to see more vehicles.

Seeing how I actually arrived early Sunday morning; after spending many
hours over the weekend just to get to "trailer" the 914-8 to the event. Never
won any awards but personally I know the determination and effort paid off
to get there. Seeing how mine was entered as a project car, it was actually
interesting to have others there assist and help out with trying to get the
new engine fired for the 1st. time. So in a way it was shared project and
thus more enjoyable time.

For the LOUDEST in show I gave myself an award even though Mark never
officially had this "special" class award. Even David P. (an authority on 914's)
had vouched for that earlier in this post. So at least I got ONE award.

Update since the show; the engine is basically sorted out, and runs and idles
well; with mufflers being installed at this time. After couple of minor items I should
be cruising the streets of Toronto very, very soon !!! Vrooom Vroom

Allan

PS. Thanks to all those that hosted, worked and assisted with the event and
getting my baby running !
startsw/p
How much more is the alcohol content in CAN? Nice showing guys, I know it's not easy to show up with a 914...

icon_bump.gif Alcohol content is only one point higher, on average 5%, you folks drink what we call light beer. HOWEVER, I usually drink Kilkenny or Guinness,which is 4%, and even though Bud is brewed up here by Labatt's I still prefer the Southern version, whenever I'm visiting, or sledding for that matter. Hey Mark, how about a beer tent for a liability next year.... at least start the rumour beer3.gif beer.gif beerchug.gif drunk.gif bootyshake.gif w00t.gif givemebeer.gif

Mark Henry
I wish more bugs had shown up, but for the first year and less than 3 months prep time we did OK.
The 914 showing was outstanding. beerchug.gif

Next year were going to try for sponsors...dealerships, big vendors, Canadian tire, better web page, etc, I can get some local radio spots for free, I was told after the fact. rolleyes.gif

We already have a long list of improvements and thing to do for next year. I'm going to hit more shows with flyers, internet, etc., etc., etc.

Allan PM me your snail mail addy...you did win loudest of show buddy biggrin.gif

Also Ian from Moncton NB won the distance traveled if you could also send your mail info.

The beer thing would cost large for the insurance...as I said what I don't see... wink.gif Dave Eddy and I had a couple of pops after the show.

Camping the night before is what I wanted and my insurance said no...maybe waivers...anyways I check it out.

swl
Hey Mark,
Thanks to you, Kim and the rest of your crew for putting this on. I had a great time. Lets get the word out and go for double the numbers of cars next year. One of the other boards that I hang out on made up business cards for the site. The idea was that members carried the cards in the car and put them on the windshields of other owners cars. Maybe we could steal the idea and use them to promote not only this forum but the por volks as well.

Fuel pump goes in this weekend. Cross your fingers. If I can scrape up the coin to get the tub to Mike this winter I'll be bringing mine to the next por volks.
74Käfer
Hi Mark,

Thanks for hosting a GREAT show ... it was well worth the drive and I will definately be there next year.

Sandeep

QUOTE (LongARM @ Aug 23 2005, 05:07 PM)
to  mark:
would you know where the vw guys would be posting pics from your  event..???
some beautiful vw and ghias there...wow
turbo-charged beetles...
(sounds like a rock-band........hehe)
thanx hijacked.gif

Here is a link to some VW pics from the show .. http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2...=2088755&page=2

I own the yellow beetle with the 18" Cup II wheels and a 2.0 914 T4 in the back with FAT 911 cooling. I also have a 901 5 speed installed .. made that trip on the 401 at 140KPH a breeze. biggrin.gif

My plans for this winter are to install my Megasquirt / EDIS / Garrett T3 turbo setup .. all the parts are on the workbench just waiting to be installed laugh.gif

That will make 3 turboed aircooled beetles for next years show !

Sandeep
LongARM
thanx for the link .........
good to see you there swl from Kingston, our numbers are growing in this area.
good luck with your resurection.... welder.gif
LongARM
wow........
LongARM
from their site, smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.